Auto Engine Conversion Video

Old May 3rd 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jerry Springer

Default Auto Engine Conversion Video

Morgans wrote:

"stol" wrote
I am looking for some feedback on how many people were able to view it
without the pause half way through..

No problem.

Same here no prob.

Jerry
Old May 3rd 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jerry Springer

stol wrote:

Ok guys. make some popcorn, get a cold beverage, prop up your feet and
get ready to be bored. :)).

I will try to answer Jims questions as best that I can.

My main protocol during this whole process was and still is.. First. I
want safety and durability. second comes weight and a close third is
cost. Keeping it in those confines has served me well and kept me
alive,,, so far G

As I recall you posted on the RV-list one time that your airplane
was over weight and scary to fly?

Jerry
Old May 3rd 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

On May 3, 8:31*am, Jerry Springer wrote:
stol wrote:

Ok guys. make some popcorn, get a cold beverage, prop up your feet and
get ready to be bored. :)).

I will try to answer Jims questions as best that I can.

My main protocol during this whole process was and still is.. First. I
want safety and durability. second comes weight and a close third is
cost. Keeping it in those confines has served me well and kept me
alive,,, so far G

As I recall you posted on the RV-list one time that your airplane
was over weight and scary to fly?

Jerry

All I state is the facts. My plane is heavier then the factory 801
simply because it has more options on it. I NEVER said it was
overweight................... As for scary, if I posted that during
the first few hours of my test flights in my plane then, yeah, I was
for sure leary of the outcome. That experience has made me a better
pilot and hopefully a better person. When you test fly an overpowered,
one of a kind aircraft you will understand, until then just chill out
and enjoy what some of us do to advance aviation..

Tailwinds..

Ben Haas
N801BH
Old May 4th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"stol" wrote in message

All I state is the facts. My plane is heavier then the factory 801
simply because it has more options on it. I NEVER said it was
overweight................... As for scary, if I posted that during
the first few hours of my test flights in my plane then, yeah, I was
for sure leary of the outcome. That experience has made me a better
pilot and hopefully a better person. When you test fly an overpowered,
one of a kind aircraft you will understand, until then just chill out
and enjoy what some of us do to advance aviation..

Tailwinds..

Ben Haas
N801BH

-----new post begins-----OE didn't do it again-------

Actually, most homebuilts are slightly "chubby" and a longer equipment list
is one of the three most common reasons--the other two being slightly larger
engines and fancier interior and exterior finishes.

In any case, the term "overweight" would be preposterous since you would
seem to have sufficient authority to reduce the usefull load, document the
performance (and strength if appropriate) to a higher maximum weight, or any
combination of your own choosing.

Peter

Old May 4th 08, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

On May 3, 7:19*pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"stol" wrote in message

[...]

I plea guilty to all three of the charges...

Ben ( Serving a life sentence of aviation) Haas