Airshares SR-20

Old December 3rd 03, 10:01 AM
Thomas Borchert

Jeff,

I am willing to bet his
speed would increase by quiet a bit.

5 knots max, Cirrus says.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 3rd 03, 12:00 PM
Thomas Borchert

Montblack,

Have the 20s gone all electric yet? Is it an option? Is it still to come?

They are all electric now. Avidyne Entegra PFD is an option.

Where are they at with diesel plans? HP? 20-D? 22-D?

sma insists that Cirrus is going with their absurdly overpriced 230 HP
engine. I have doubts. The Thielert 300-hp is still at least two years from
certification, I guess. A Diesel Cirrus might use the longer wings of the
22, even with lower HP than the 22 now has. Everybody seems to agree that
it will be named the -21.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 3rd 03, 02:33 PM
Dan Luke

"ArtP" wrote:
That seems awfully slow. Is that TAS? What altitude?

That is [130K] TAS and at any altitude.

Dang! My 172RG will do 136 KTAS at 6,000' on a standard day, full
throttle, 2,500 RPM.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old December 3rd 03, 06:00 PM
Montblack

("Thomas Borchert" wrote)
Where are they at with diesel plans? HP? 20-D? 22-D?

sma insists that Cirrus is going with their absurdly overpriced 230 HP
engine. I have doubts. The Thielert 300-hp is still at least two years

from
certification, I guess. A Diesel Cirrus might use the longer wings of the
22, even with lower HP than the 22 now has. Everybody seems to agree that
it will be named the -21.

Original post asked: what are they planning to charge for their -20s?

Looking back, I thought it said: What are they planning to *change* for
their -20s?

My answer was Price.

Doh!

--
Montblack
http://lumma.de/mt/archives/bart.gif

Old December 3rd 03, 11:51 PM
Guy Elden Jr.

But, just to be mean to myself, what are they planning to charge for their
-20s?

I assume you mean Airshares, in which case here are the details (if/when
they actually get an SR-20 on the line at CDW) :

$5000 - "license" fee (one-time payment - not sure exactly how it works, but
I think it's creditable for future "license" payments if you continue to
renew / upgrade)
$780 / month + $80 / hr for 75 hours of time per year... or
$975 / month + $80 / hr for 100 hours per year.

That is of course all-inclusive... you don't pay for gas, oil, maintenance,
hangar, etc. And the person I spoke to there said (IIRC) that the contract
you sign (1 year) has an exit clause if you want to bail out... 90 days
notice.

I think I'd personally be much happier in a private share with up to 5 other
pilots on an SR-22, but that's doubtful to happen.

--
Guy Elden Jr.

Old December 4th 03, 12:15 AM
John Roncallo

ArtP wrote:

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 00:07:03 -0500, "Guy Elden Jr."
wrote:

When it works, it is a roomy, automated, and slightly faster, and much
more expensive 172. I get 130 knots at 9 gph. It carries 540 lbs with
full fuel and will fly for 5 hours with reserves.

According to the specs this aircraft will do 156 KTAS 8000' 75%

Are we being BS'd. I usually find Cessna and Piper aircraft to make
there published numbers.

John Roncallo

Old December 4th 03, 03:30 AM
Andrew Gideon

Guy Elden Jr. wrote:

I think I'd personally be much happier in a private share with up to 5
other pilots on an SR-22, but that's doubtful to happen.

Why not? If Airshares finds enough business at CDW, there are obviously
people interested in the product.

FWIW, one of the interesting things about the club I've joined is the number
of people that "graduate" into ownership. As I understand it, many do so
in groups.

- Andrew

Old December 4th 03, 04:07 AM
ArtP

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:15:41 GMT, John Roncallo
wrote:

According to the specs this aircraft will do 156 KTAS 8000' 75%

Are we being BS'd. I usually find Cessna and Piper aircraft to make
there published numbers.

On COPA (www.cirruspilots.com), even the staunch supporters
acknowledge that the plane won't do the POH numbers.
Old December 5th 03, 03:11 AM
ISLIP

Sorry Art, but I disagree.
Returning from Danbury Ct to Islip NY, 3500' -2C full throttle 16.6 GPH
TAS +161KT
This is only the second time I've done this as Avgas is too expensive just to
save a few minutes.
YOU can fly @ 130KT & 9 GPH - I can do that at less than 9gph.
It's not that the Cirrus is slow, it's that you choose to fly it slowly. Not
all of the SR20 s will do the 160 kts, but most of them will be above 155KTs
unless the pilot CHOOSES to fly slower, or lean of peak, to achieve the lesser
fuel burn

John
SR20