20B Panel

Old February 16th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default 20B Panel

Hi Guys
Does anyone have a 20B panel outline file that will work in Auto CAD
program. The 20B has a completely rounded top a flat bottom and steps
on both sides. It is different than a 19, 20A, and is the same as a
20C.
Thanks Norm
Old February 16th 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KevinFinke

I'd be interested in the same kind of a file. Norm, do you have a 20B
with the tip up panel? Some of the first 20B "Hobbs" models were still
fixed panel. I'd be looking for the tip up 20B panel drawing.

Thanks,
-Kevin
Old February 16th 09, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

I have a "spare" ASW-20b panel (The factory original, all full of
holes from my -20b) that I would be happy to send a full sized trace
of to someone so inclined to enter into Auto CAD. It is the style
that lifts with the canopy.

Todd
Old February 17th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Feb 16, 2:19*pm, jcarlyle wrote:
Hi Guys
Does anyone have a 20B panel outline file that will work in Auto CAD
program. The 20B has a completely rounded top a flat bottom and steps
on both sides. *It is different than a 19, 20A, and is the same as a
20C.
Thanks Norm

I would also be interested if anyone has a .dxf or .pdf

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old February 17th 09, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

On Feb 16, 5:15*pm, Richard wrote:
On Feb 16, 2:19*pm, jcarlyle wrote:

Hi Guys
Does anyone have a 20B panel outline file that will work in Auto CAD
program. The 20B has a completely rounded top a flat bottom and steps
on both sides. *It is different than a 19, 20A, and is the same as a
20C.
Thanks Norm

I would also be interested if anyone has a .dxf *or *.pdf

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

There is a crude hack I've used from time to time, take a photo from
about 10 feet away and import that into autocad as an image file, then
scale to the correct dimension. I would want to check it against the
original before sending out to the water jet or laser people but it
can be useful. Send me the photo and accurate measurements at critical
points and I'll scale it for you.
Old February 17th 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

On Feb 16, 9:35*pm, brianDG303 wrote:
On Feb 16, 5:15*pm, Richard wrote:

On Feb 16, 2:19*pm, jcarlyle wrote:

Hi Guys
Does anyone have a 20B panel outline file that will work in Auto CAD
program. The 20B has a completely rounded top a flat bottom and steps
on both sides. *It is different than a 19, 20A, and is the same as a
20C.
Thanks Norm

I would also be interested if anyone has a .dxf *or *.pdf

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

There is a crude hack I've used from time to time, take a photo from
about 10 feet away and import that into autocad as an image file, then
scale to the correct dimension. I would want to check it against the
original before sending out to the water jet or laser people but it
can be useful. Send me the photo and accurate measurements at critical
points and I'll scale it for you.

Hey Kevin,
I just realized you were one of the people in this thread, and that
you were talking about working on your panel. If I get a photo to
scale I'll plot it out full size and we could check it against your
ship. If a few people wanted them we could send the file off to my
cutter and he could water or laser them pretty cheap. What's the cool
material to cut them out of?
Old February 17th 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

Make sure to use a reasonably long focal length or you'll have trouble
with spherical distortion.

9B
Old February 17th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Hi, Brian,

I'm working with Norm on his panel project. I'll contact you off-line,
and send you a photo of the panel, with measurements. I'll use my
Panasonic TZ3, which has a 28-280 mm lens (35 mm equivalent figures).
I really appreciate your help; I'm a neophyte with AutoCAD.

-John

Old February 17th 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Feb 16, 11:35*pm, brianDG303 wrote:
[...]

Do you use the panel image as a template and "trace" over it with
splines?
Didn't know a raster image could be used to program a cutting tool!

Brad
Old February 17th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 05:14:59 -0800 (PST), jcarlyle
wrote:

Hi, Brian,

I'm working with Norm on his panel project. I'll contact you off-line,
and send you a photo of the panel, with measurements. I'll use my
Panasonic TZ3, which has a 28-280 mm lens (35 mm equivalent figures).
I really appreciate your help; I'm a neophyte with AutoCAD.

You're lucky: the TZ3 has a very low "barrel" distortion. Avoid 28mm
and you'll be fine. See
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicTZ3/page3.asp
Make sure the sensor/lens is accurately placed in front of the
geometrical center of the panel, and that it's pointed precisely to
it, otherwise you'll have huge perspective distortion.

PIK-20D Instrument panel Solo Soaring 5 February 15th 09 06:50 PM
HELP -designing new panel freestone Instrument Flight Rules 4 February 22nd 06 01:34 AM
IFR PANEL Flyhighdave Home Built 4 January 18th 05 04:24 AM
IFR PANEL Flyhighdave Home Built 4 January 17th 05 07:15 PM
182 panel Jim Owning 2 August 2nd 03 09:06 PM