Old Airline Ads - Aeroflot 02.jpg (1/1)

Old January 2nd 09, 01:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Old Airline Ads - Aeroflot 02.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aeroflot 02.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	31975
Old January 2nd 09, 02:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JR[_2_]

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 07:41:06 -0600, Mitchell Holman

1st and tourist class? Shouldn't it be "all are same class!"?
Old January 2nd 09, 02:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

wrote:

1st and tourist class? Shouldn't it be "all are same class!"?

In 1993, I repatriated from UN duty having booked a first class ticket on CSA.
For the Beirut to Prague run, I embarked on an Ilyushin Il-62 (NATO reporting
name CLASSIC) also in wide service with Aeroflot at the time. The seats in
first class were identical to those in tourist (little better than
cloth-covered lawn chairs, really) the only difference being the pitch -- you
couldn't reach the back of the seat in front of you! There were initially only
two first class pax, myself and the Middle Eastern correspondent for the
Independent, Robert Fisk. Then two baggage handlers brought aboard the crate
in which I was shipping my dog and set it between the seat rows across the
aisle. They said they could not trust the pressurization or the temperature to
get the dog to Prague alive. My dog flew first class too!

That's a picture of the dog rough-housing with a Finnish captain, Risto
Pirkkalainen.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelly and Risto.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	31986
Old January 2nd 09, 05:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Twydell

In message , Mitchell Holman
writes

[ A UUEncoded file (Aeroflot 02.jpg) was included here. ]

If they're advertising flying by Tu114, why is the aircraft in the photo
a Tu104?

Thanks for posting these BTW.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Old January 2nd 09, 05:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

Peter Twydell wrote in
:

In message , Mitchell Holman
writes

[ A UUEncoded file (Aeroflot 02.jpg) was included here. ]

If they're advertising flying by Tu114, why is the aircraft in the photo
a Tu104?

Their ad agency was better at finding cute models
than identifying aircraft.

Old January 2nd 09, 10:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_2_]

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message

That's a picture of the dog rough-housing with a Finnish captain, Risto
Pirkkalainen.
--
Andrew Chaplin

Nice looking dog. When did the captain notice that his watch was missing
?

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old January 3rd 09, 04:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message

That's a picture of the dog rough-housing with a Finnish captain, Risto
Pirkkalainen.

Nice looking dog. When did the captain notice that his watch was missing?

I'm not sure he ever did -- he was, after all, a Finn -- and the dog was just
that cute.

Old January 3rd 09, 08:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Graham Harrison[_2_]

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 11:48:11 -0600, Mitchell Holman wrote:

Peter Twydell wrote in
:

In message , Mitchell Holman
writes

[ A UUEncoded file (Aeroflot 02.jpg) was included here. ]

If they're advertising flying by Tu114, why is the aircraft in the photo
a Tu104?

Their ad agency was better at finding cute models
than identifying aircraft.

I doubt they got much traffic but if they had included a 114 in the
background would they have got *any* traffic?

Mind you, the 104 was no picnic to travel on. I only flew on 1 and that
was quite enough, thank you.
Old January 5th 09, 07:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 09:08:55 +1030, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
m...

That's a picture of the dog rough-housing with a Finnish captain, Risto
Pirkkalainen.
--
Andrew Chaplin

Nice looking dog. When did the captain notice that his watch was missing
?

Right after he noticed his hand was missing...

What has four legs and an arm? A happy pitbull.

Old Airline Ads - Aeroflot 01.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 January 2nd 09 01:41 PM
Aviation - Wings of Aeroflot postcards [1/1] - Otkritki-Kriliya_Aeroflota.pdf (29/29) Stas[_4_] Aviation Photos 0 May 12th 08 08:29 PM
Airline Lobby Group Says GA traffic Is The Main Cause Of Airline Delays Larry Dighera Piloting 0 July 7th 07 01:19 PM
Aeroflot flight attendants kick ass! HECTOP Piloting 9 August 16th 04 07:25 PM
Virtual Airline sues Real Airline Joseph Brown Simulators 4 April 25th 04 09:10 PM