Note to everyone: Beware forged posts

Old April 7th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Note to everyone: Beware forged posts

I see someone has targeted several people who post to r.a.p and r.a.h and
begun forging their names in the "From" headers and posted troll-like posts
in an attempt to "Joe Job" the targets. Or it may simply be an attempt to
disrupt the newsgroups (more than usual, that is!). At the moment all the
forged posts _seem_ to have "albasani.net" in the "Path" header and can be
identified that way, though of course the perp may switch to an alternate
provider.

If you see an unexpectedly anal post from someone, check the headers of the
post in question and try to compare it to much older (presumably less anal)
posts from that same person.
Old April 7th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
BobR

On Apr 6, 6:47*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
I see someone has targeted several people who post to r.a.p and r.a.h and
begun forging their names in the "From" headers and posted troll-like posts
in an attempt to "Joe Job" the targets. Or it may simply be an attempt to
disrupt the newsgroups (more than usual, that is!). At the moment all the
forged posts _seem_ to have "albasani.net" in the "Path" header and can be
identified that way, though of course the perp may switch to an alternate
provider.

If you see an unexpectedly anal post from someone, check the headers of the
post in question and try to compare it to much older (presumably less anal)
posts from that same person.

Yep, just found a couple of posts that I made when I haven't even been
home to get on the computer. Now that is sick.

Old April 7th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Forger went:
YAWN.

Okay, so far you appear to have used the following free servers (probably
others I haven't noticed):

http://news.motzarella.org/
http://www.albasani.net/index.html.en
http://www.aioe.org/

Why not stick with one until you get bounced from it so you can move on to
the next?
Old April 7th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:55:56 -0700 (PDT), BobR
wrote:

On Apr 6, 6:47Â*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
I see someone has targeted several people who post to r.a.p and r.a.h and
begun forging their names in the "From" headers and posted troll-like posts
in an attempt to "Joe Job" the targets. Or it may simply be an attempt to
disrupt the newsgroups (more than usual, that is!). At the moment all the
forged posts _seem_ to have "albasani.net" in the "Path" header and can be
identified that way, though of course the perp may switch to an alternate
provider.

If you see an unexpectedly anal post from someone, check the headers of the
post in question and try to compare it to much older (presumably less anal)
posts from that same person.

Yep, just found a couple of posts that I made when I haven't even been
home to get on the computer. Now that is sick.

Not the first time that's happened on R.A.H.

Wonder who they were talking about???????????

Old April 7th 08, 11:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

wrote:

I see someone has targeted several people who post to r.a.p and r.a.h and
begun forging their names in the "From" headers and posted troll-like posts
in an attempt to "Joe Job" the targets.

Forged messages are a violation of many anonymous news gateways.

http://www.albasani.net/info/terms_of_use.html.en
Addresses specified in From:, Reply-To: and Sender: must be valid
and at the user's disposal. The top level domain (TLD) invalid may
be used for the From: address, e.g. lid. See
also RFC2606:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2606.html

Old April 7th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default MXmaniac is WJRFlyBoy -- CAUGHT

On Apr 6, 7:55 pm, BobR wrote:

Yep, just found a couple of posts that I made when I haven't even been
home to get on the computer. Now that is sick.

It's been happening to me ever since WJRFlyBoy "left" the group.

How circumstantial.

I've also received some threatening emails on my blog form
"anonymous," spouting higher-octane venom of the same putrescence on
display here.

The list of servers Jim provided matches what I've seen in the blog
comments.

MX is FakeFlyBoy.

We'll see if he responds to this....

Dan McCormack

Old April 7th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

http://news.motzarella.org/http://ww.../www.aioe.org/

Why not stick with one until you get bounced from it so you can move on to
the next?

More evidence:
WJRFlyboy wrote in news:MPG.
:

And, most damning:
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.student, rec.aviation.piloting
From: WJRFlyBoy
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:23:19 -0400
Subject: Rod Machado's New PPL Manual

{snipped usual crap}

Here's free post and read text servers.
www.motzarella.org
nntp.aioe.org
news.albasani.net

See, you're all set, My Little Trick Pony. Bet you don't do it, bet
you don't. Bet you lied, again, Dan.

Pretty clear who's bile we're seeing.