Presidential TFR Buffalo, NY 4/20

Old April 15th 04, 02:30 AM
Buff5200

Default Presidential TFR Buffalo, NY 4/20

Just found out President "W" is coming to Buffalo, NY next Tuesday 4/20.

No further details yet.

Now two questions:

First, do presidential TFR's automatically include Canadian airspace?
Bush may be visiting within a couple hundred yards of the Canadian
boarder/airspace.

Second, if the TFR does not automatically include Canada, does
anyone know where I can hire a "Kerry for President" banner towing
aircraft in the Fort Erie/Niagara Falls area?

Old April 15th 04, 03:02 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Buff5200 said:
First, do presidential TFR's automatically include Canadian airspace?

Probably. Canadian and US airspace is pretty well integrated.

Not that I wouldn't love to help you in your quest.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
The Borg assimilated my race & all I got was this T-shirt.
Old April 16th 04, 02:35 AM
Bushleague

Cool! Vote for Kerry and that 2001 Suburban with the Thule on top
will be worth about $10,000!

Have a great one!

Bush

Old April 18th 04, 01:00 PM
Jonathan Goodish

In article , Buff5200
wrote:
Second, if the TFR does not automatically include Canada, does
anyone know where I can hire a "Kerry for President" banner towing
aircraft in the Fort Erie/Niagara Falls area?

You might be able to do that, but you should know that Mr. Kerry has his
own TFR's that follow him around, now that he is under Secret Service
protection. Though much less intrusive than the 30nm TFRs, I will
guarantee you that if he is elected in November, he will inherit the
30nm TFRs. Regardless, the TFRs that currently follow him around suffer
from some of the same problems as the Presidential TFRs; that is to say,
they appear to target GA specifically, and they are often posted at the
last minute.

The real issue with the TFRs isn't the person who causes them to be in
effect, the problem is that they target GA specifically and effectively
exclude airline operations. As I recall, the events that spawned the
TFRs in the first place involved airline operations, and did not involve
GA.

JKG