updating AirChart IFR charts - PITA for everyone?

Old February 15th 05, 02:07 AM
Mark

vincent p. norris wrote:

NO, they are amazingly simple!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO update them all! You "update" only the one or two
you're going to need on tomorrow's flight. Ignore the rest.

The odds are, you won't even have to update them, because there won't
have been any changes.

so you just plot your course, then check the V#s and see if any updates
have been issued on the charts you're using?

I was fighting these updates.. that is much easier.. ugh..

Old February 15th 05, 11:58 PM
vincent p. norris

so you just plot your course, then check the V#s and see if any updates
have been issued on the charts you're using?

I look at the updates for any airport there's a reasonable chance I'll
use. That means my intended destination, the alternates, unless the
wx is good VFR in the destination area, and if it's a long flight,
those along the route.

Nowadays, I can print a plate if making the changes looks too
troublesome.

Of course, I carry the update with me on the flight, just in case....

I've been using AirCharts since about 175, and have never encountered
a problem.

I was fighting these updates.. that is much easier.. ugh..

Yes, much easier! You will never have to make 99% of those published
changes, unless you fly to different airports every day of the year.

vince norris

Old February 16th 05, 12:06 AM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-02-15, vincent p norris wrote:

I've been using AirCharts since about 175, and have never encountered
a problem.

Ah yes, 175, Marcus Aurelius was Emperor, and you had to use AirCharts
because the government maps were stone tablets that took up all of your
useful load...

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old February 17th 05, 12:04 AM
vincent p. norris

I've been using AirCharts since about 175, and have never encountered
a problem.

Ah yes, 175, Marcus Aurelius was Emperor, and you had to use AirCharts
because the government maps were stone tablets that took up all of your
useful load...

ROTFLOL!! I'm ancient, but not THAT ancient! Should have said 1975.

vince norris
Old February 17th 05, 02:55 AM
Matt Barrow

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
I've been using AirCharts since about 175, and have never encountered
a problem.

Ah yes, 175, Marcus Aurelius was Emperor, and you had to use AirCharts
because the government maps were stone tablets that took up all of your
useful load...

ROTFLOL!! I'm ancient, but not THAT ancient! Should have said 1975.

I thought we should change your name to Icarus.

--
Matt

Old February 18th 05, 04:58 AM
vincent p. norris

ROTFLOL!! I'm ancient, but not THAT ancient! Should have said 1975.

I thought we should change your name to Icarus.

I'd rather be Daedalus, if that's OK. I'm an old pilot, not a bold
pilot. You know what happened to Icarus for being bold, don't you?

vince norris