FAA Thumped again

Old February 10th 05, 07:53 PM
RAMButt

Default FAA Thumped again

No big surprise here. The politically Correct destruction of once was a
proud professional organization is evident. Rather than Air Safety, Gay
Pride celebrations and promoting unqualified minorities into management
is the new priority of the "Politically Correct misaligned unsafe FAA"

I trust my IFR skills but I am not so sure any longer of the
organization that "supposedly" protects our nations air safety. I
believe the FAA is a disaster waiting to happen.

We have lost 2 out of 5 Space Shuttles I believe due to PC nonsense in
NASA. You know, the demeaning and ambivalent treatment of the technical
skills in favor of PC doctrine and feel good politics.

The FAA is the same ticking time bomb

Maybe a Mid-Air over Kansas between two "Heavys" with around 700 on
board that drops body parts and flaming wreckage for 50 square miles
will get someones attention and push the FAA back toward it's mission of
Air Safety rather than Gay Pride Celebrations.

NEW YORK — Federal Aviation Administration officials received 52
warnings prior to Sept. 11, 2001, from their own security experts about
potential Al Qaeda attacks, including some that mentioned airline
hijackings or suicide attacks, The New York Times reported.

The Times said in Thursday editions that a previously undisclosed report
by the 9/11 commission that investigated the hijack attacks on the World
Trade Center and the Pentagon detailed warnings given to FAA leaders
from April to Sept. 10, 2001, about the radical Islamic terrorist group
and its leader, Usama bin Laden .

The commission report, written last August, said five security warnings
mentioned Al Qaeda's training for hijackings and two reports concerned
suicide operations not connected to aviation.

The Times said that a classified version and a partially declassified
version of the 120-page report were given to the National Archives
(search) two weeks ago. The Times story cited the declassified version
of the document.

Al Felzenberg, former spokesman for the 9/11 commission, which went out
of business last summer, said the government had not completed review of
the report for declassification purposes until recently. He said the
Justice Department delivered the two versions of the document to the
Archives.

An Archives spokeswoman said the unclassified version of the document
was not yet available Wednesday night.

The Times gave these highlights from the commission report:

Aviation officials were "lulled into a false sense of security" and
"intelligence that indicated a real and growing threat leading up to
9/11 did not stimulate significant increases in security procedures."

It takes the FAA to task for not expanding the use of in-flight air
marshals or tightening airport screening for weapons. It said FAA
officials were more concerned with reducing airline congestion,
lessening delays and easing air carriers' financial problems than
thwarting a terrorist attack.

Information in this report was available to members of the 9/11
commission when they issued their public report last summer. That report
itself contained criticisms of FAA operations.
Old February 11th 05, 10:25 PM
Mike Beede

In article ,
RAMButt wrote:

No big surprise here. The politically Correct [ screed
deleted ]

I have no idea what you're talking about in the part
of your post that you apparently wrote. The shuttles
were lost because of gays in the FAA? Okay. We'll
get right on that.

Mike Beede
Old February 12th 05, 02:32 PM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:25:33 -0600, Mike Beede wrote:

In article ,
RAMButt wrote:

No big surprise here. The politically Correct [ screed
deleted ]

I have no idea what you're talking about in the part
of your post that you apparently wrote. The shuttles
were lost because of gays in the FAA? Okay. We'll
get right on that.

Mike Beede

And here's why Iraq is so screwed up:

Fewer Gays Being Discharged Since 9/11
'Don't Ask' Ousters At Lowest Level Yet

By Evelyn Nieves and Ann Scott Tyson
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, February 12, 2005; Page A01

The number of gay and lesbian service members discharged under the
military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy has dropped by almost half
since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and is at its lowest level
since the Defense Department began keeping such figures in 1997.

Significant declines have occurred in every branch of the armed
forces, according to statistics released yesterday by the Pentagon.
The Marine Corps, Air Force and Navy discharged fewer gay men and
lesbians in 2004 than in any year since the Pentagon began tallying
the number of its "homosexual separations" eight years ago. The Army's
discharges represented the lowest number of discharges in five years.

etc, etc., etc...
Old February 12th 05, 04:43 PM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:34:06 -0500, Ron Natalie

I think he said that it was actually the gays in NASA that were
responsible for the shuttle disasters.

The gays in the FAA are only responsible for airplane crashes..

...and 9/11.

Well, I'm not sure.

Was the Big Guy ****ed at the gays, or was he ****ed at the U.S. for
its increasing tolerance of this abomination? Let me go check
Falwell's website...
Old February 13th 05, 06:34 AM
Gene Whitt

"RAMButt" wrote in message
RAMButt,
You should read a book titled, "The Secret of Building 26". It has
to do with the reasons we, the Americans, were able to break the
German's codes during WWII. The breaking of this code was
the largest single reason for our winning WWII.

Had the codes not been broken it is very likely that RAMButt and the rest of
us would now be speaking a mixture of German and Japanese. The primary
architect of this effort was a single British
Mathematician who after WWII was awarded the highest possible
Civilian Metal of Honor.

He was treated very shabbly in England and in the U.S. but without him we
most likely would have lost the war. Even today his mathematical theories
are making possible our scientific progress. He was a homosexual.

Shame on you, RAMButt, have you no honor left?
Gene Whitt

Old February 14th 05, 02:07 AM
Joe Johnson

Hi Gene. You're right on, of course. This was a mathematician of the very
highest order; his name was Alan Turing.

Old February 14th 05, 05:56 PM

Had the FAA acted on the less than clear intelligence and raised
pre-board inspections to current levels, the American public would have
been outraged by the invasion to their privacy. It took 9/11 to
persuade EVERBODY that the terrorists were serious.

Old February 14th 05, 10:19 PM
Jack Mehoff

If you guys are so narrow and blind to not see the destruction of our
Government safety oversight departments you do not belong in the
cockpit. The FAA is out of control with PC hiring practices. It's not
just gays.

What should the FAA be doing celebrating gay pride or worrying about air
safety??

Get a clue and wake up

Old February 15th 05, 02:17 AM
Gary Drescher

"Jack Mehoff" wrote in message
What should the FAA be doing celebrating gay pride or worrying about air
safety??

Get a clue and wake up

Uh, right. Planes have been crashing left and right because FAA controllers
are abandoning their posts to go attend gay pride marches. And those of us
who haven't noticed this widespread problem are asleep and clueless.

Does it ever cross your mind that responsible opinions should be supported
by actual evidence? (Just curious.)

--Gary