FAA Thumped again

Old February 15th 05, 04:02 AM
MooneyMan

You want evidence??

Check the latest staffing figures for the FAA
Controllers are leaving in droves
Radar and ILS Technicians are seriously short staffed
Most major airports have open watches in critical radar and ILS areas.

Evidence?

I worked for the FAA for 18 years. I have personally seen it go down
hill for the last few years until I bailed out.

Atlanta for example had up till recently a Black FAA Manager who could
not spell or write correctly.

The morale around the FAA is in the the toilet especially at large airports

Evidence??

Good luck because FAA Management is suppressing the real facts

I no longer fly IFR around major airport airspace. That's how bad it is.
If you want to keep living in your sugar coated PC world that's OK. The
real deal is Air Safety in America is in extreme trouble. And the FAA is
at the heart of it. Technicians in Atlanta (One of the world's busiest)
routinely operate with open Radar watches BUT the Managers buy Gay Pride
Banners and scramble to hire black females with NO BACKGROUND to fill
quotas.

The deal is real my flying friends. The FAA is in trouble. America
should privatize Air Traffic control and get Air Safety out of the
social engineering business. The FAA was once a great place to work. Now
it SUCKS. I know, I spent 18 years of my life working for them until
they decided a few years ago to forget about Air Safety and worry about
feel good politics. The "Big One" is coming. Just watch and see.

If you knew what I knew you would stay clear of any TCA during IFR
weather. I do.

Does it ever cross your mind that responsible opinions should be supported
by actual evidence? (Just curious.)

--Gary

Actually, I think he also has a problem with blacks leaving their
radar screens unattended to celebrate Black History Month.

Old February 15th 05, 04:53 AM
Gary Drescher

"MooneyMan" wrote in message

You want evidence??

Yes, please. (Hint: unsubstantiated anecdotal allegations by anonymous
Usenet posters do not constitute evidence.)

Check the latest staffing figures for the FAA
Controllers are leaving in droves
Radar and ILS Technicians are seriously short staffed
Most major airports have open watches in critical radar and ILS areas.

Even if the FAA is understaffed, that would not consitute evidence of your
claim that unqualified minority personnel are being hired.

I no longer fly IFR around major airport airspace. That's how bad it is.
Technicians in Atlanta (One of the world's busiest) routinely operate with
open Radar watches BUT the Managers buy Gay Pride Banners

Uh, and these banners detract from air safety how? Do they cover the radar
screens? Or do they just induce seizures in people like you?

If you knew what I knew you would stay clear of any TCA during IFR
weather. I do.

I frequently fly in Boston and NYC in IMC. I always find the controllers to
be skilled and helpful.

--Gary

Old February 15th 05, 01:06 PM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:02:50 -0500, MooneyMan
wrote:

Evidence??

Good luck because FAA Management is suppressing the real facts

Ah, yes.

The "real facts".

Available to only the privileged few.

The rest of us are left to deal with the "unreal" facts.
Old February 15th 05, 03:35 PM
Newps

Jack Mehoff wrote:
If you guys are so narrow and blind to not see the destruction of our
Government safety oversight departments you do not belong in the
cockpit. The FAA is out of control with PC hiring practices. It's not
just gays.

You're right. Now we have to take all these AFSS guys that are getting
the ax this year. What is the world coming to?

Old February 15th 05, 03:39 PM
Newps

MooneyMan wrote:

You want evidence??

Check the latest staffing figures for the FAA
Controllers are leaving in droves

Controllers are not leaving in droves, the pay is too good.

The morale around the FAA is in the the toilet especially at large airports

Evidence??

Good luck because FAA Management is suppressing the real facts

Of course, the conspiricy theory. No really it's true. Trust me.

I no longer fly IFR around major airport airspace. That's how bad it is.

And yet, no crashes.

If you knew what I knew you would stay clear of any TCA during IFR
weather. I do.

You quit when?

Old February 19th 05, 04:11 AM
Peterpan

"No crashes" ?????

You sound like an FAA Manager fella. Hey look flying public no crashes
we is doing A-OK!!!

(Until the big one that kills 4 or 5 Hundred souls on board)

Kinda like that dumb woman Jane Garvey who was running the FAA during 9/11

"Nothing like 9/11 has happened before your honor"

No crashes (LOL) what a stupid response.