OLC site not operating?

Old June 15th 05, 04:23 AM
Eric Greenwell

Default OLC site not operating?

I haven't been able to get the Online Contest site today; instead, I get
a "Connection was refused ..." type of message. Are other people having
problems? It worked fine yesterday.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old June 15th 05, 04:48 AM

Eric
Have a little patience
Web sites do this from time to time.

Old June 15th 05, 06:37 PM
Jeffrey Banks

Eric,

This is the exact problem I had.

See You uploaded a claim and igc file, however I could not get into the site
from my usual favorites link.

I just figured it was busy as Tuesday is the deadline for claims the prior
week.

BTW is the Tuesday OLC deadline midnight utc or midnight local??

Jeff Banks

Old June 15th 05, 07:31 PM
Eric Greenwell

Jeffrey Banks wrote:

BTW is the Tuesday OLC deadline midnight utc or midnight local??

Local time at the landing place, according to their website.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old June 17th 05, 01:35 AM
Greg Arnold

Eric Greenwell wrote:
Jeffrey Banks wrote:

BTW is the Tuesday OLC deadline midnight utc or midnight local??

Local time at the landing place, according to their website.

I think it really may be midnight standard time on the East Coast. I
know someone who submitted just after 8 pm PDT on a Tuesday, and they
were told they had missed the deadline. Makes sense, as I doubt if the
OLC software is sophisticated enough to figure local time form the
location of the flight.

Just hope that your flight of a lifetime does not end on a Monday
evening in a sparse section of Nevada where you can't get to an internet
connection before the next evening.
Old June 17th 05, 01:57 AM
Eric Greenwell

Greg Arnold wrote:

BTW is the Tuesday OLC deadline midnight utc or midnight local??

Local time at the landing place, according to their website.

I think it really may be midnight standard time on the East Coast. I
know someone who submitted just after 8 pm PDT on a Tuesday, and they
were told they had missed the deadline. Makes sense, as I doubt if the
OLC software is sophisticated enough to figure local time form the
location of the flight.

Just hope that your flight of a lifetime does not end on a Monday
evening in a sparse section of Nevada where you can't get to an internet
connection before the next evening.

It'd be even worse if it ended on a Tuesday evening, wouldn't it? But,
we may be OK: according to their data, I submitted a flight claim on
June 8, 2005, at 5:30 UTC. That's Wednesday morning UTC, but Tuesday
evening on June 7 at 10:30 pm for Washington State, an hour and half
past midnight on the East Coast.

OLC seem very responsive to problems, so I'm guessing you could email
them about being denied a submission done before midnight at the landing
place, and get it corrected.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA