Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

Old January 23rd 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Default Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

C J Campbell wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:49:58 -0800, Sally Grozmano wrote
(in article ):

Hi,

I am familiar with the potential penalties for lying on the FAA medical,
but was curious if anyone had any stats on *actual* convictions that have
occured for this, and what the associated penalties were? It seems to be
"common knowledge" that many pilots do lie, but I never hear of actual
convictions.

I would expect convictions to be rare. It is difficult to prove, since your
medical records are confidential. Usually, if drugs such as anti-depressants
show up in your medical tests they just deny a medical certificate.

One problem is just remembering when you went to the doctor to see if that
mole had grown any three years ago. Filling out those medical forms implies
that you have either a perfect memory or that you keep far better medical
records than the average Joe.

I figured this one out!!! Just before my FAA medical I go to my Dr. and
ask for the "flow sheet" off the front of my chart. I don't fill in
anything on the medical and hand the sheet to the AME and ask him what I
should put down. They don't want to know about PAP smears, mamograms or
any of those "fun" things, but they do want, gee, I don't remember what
they wanted. The flow sheet really helped as I seemed to have forgotten
a number of things.

Margy

That said, you are playing with your own life and with the lives of others if
you are not medically fit to fly.

Old January 24th 07, 10:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Happy Dog

"Sally Grozmano" wrote in message
I am familiar with the potential penalties for lying on the FAA medical,
but was curious if anyone had any stats on *actual* convictions that have
occured for this, and what the associated penalties were? It seems to be
"common knowledge" that many pilots do lie, but I never hear of actual
convictions.

There are none. Your query lacks credibility. Know why?

Old January 24th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Happy Dog writes:

There are none. Your query lacks credibility. Know why?

Because you disagree?

Old January 26th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Barney Rubble

No because the OP pulled statement out of their backside and presented it is
common knowledge.