Aviation Movies?

Old June 11th 05, 01:15 PM
BillJ

Antoņio wrote:
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
dancingstarcreations
wrote:

Dave Burton wrote:

Here is you chance to suggest movies to show at a fly-in....

Why "The Aviator" of course! True story, great performances, 5
academy awards, the most incredible crash scene I've ever seen, and a
chance to give one of our nation's most enigmatic figures some
well-deserved recognition as an aviation pioneer.

BTW....once you see the movie you'll never call it "The Spruce Goose"
again.

Antonio

I did not rate "The Aviator" that highly. The crash scenes are all
bogus CGI and have little in common with reality. As for DiCaprio's
portrayal of Hughes, I thought that he was just another pretty face
going through the motions.

His piloting scenes reminded me of a 5-year-old playing "airplane."
His acting there was most unconvincing. IMHO, the only thing missing
there was making "BRRRR" sounds.

Sorry but 5 academy awards along with countless millions disagree with
your assessment

AFA DiCaprio's performance....you gotta be kiddng! I think he showed the
makings of a great actor here!

I think you might be reacting on a gut level to his teenage hearthrob,
sitcom days. Perhaps you missed "Catch Me If You Can"--the boy has
developed some great stage presence in my opinion.

Antonio

Be advised that there are two movies with the name "The Aviator",
unrelated. The one about Howard Hughes, and the really good one with
Christopher Reeves based on an Ernest K. Gann book. This is about early
airmail pilots, also a great crash scene.
Old June 19th 05, 05:35 PM
John Ousterhout

Tina Marie wrote:
In article .com, james wrote:

was it recent? the one with harrison ford and anne hech? the movie
(and title), to me were forgettable

6 Day And 7 Nights. Had some great Beaver shots.

The PG-rated kind.

Tina Marie

I watched that movie just because the Beaver is one of my favorite planes.

It wasn't worth it. Too much implausible stuff.

- J.O.-
Old June 20th 05, 02:42 AM
George Patterson

John Ousterhout wrote:

It wasn't worth it. Too much implausible stuff.

I loved the way they were able to carry on a conversation in flight at normal
speech levels with no headsets.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old June 20th 05, 02:58 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, John Ousterhout said:
I watched that movie just because the Beaver is one of my favorite planes.

It wasn't worth it. Too much implausible stuff.

Anne Heche in a love story with a man, you mean?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
As convenient as it is for information to come to us, libraries do have a

Old June 20th 05, 03:17 AM
Matt Barrow

John Ousterhout wrote:

It wasn't worth it. Too much implausible stuff.

I loved the way they were able to carry on a conversation in flight at

normal
speech levels with no headsets.

Yes, but if they did it realistically, they'd have to issue headsets to
everyone who saw it in the theater.

Old June 20th 05, 03:19 AM
Matt Barrow

said:
I watched that movie just because the Beaver is one of my favorite

planes.

It wasn't worth it. Too much implausible stuff.

Anne Heche in a love story with a man, you mean?

I believe she'd had her epiphany prior to that one being filmed.

Trying to Fly AliR Piloting 33 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
How safe is it, really? June Piloting 227 December 10th 04 05:01 AM
General Aviation Legal Defense Fund Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Home Built 3 May 14th 04 11:55 AM
General Aviation Legal Defense Fund Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 May 11th 04 10:43 PM