Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

Old April 6th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default Cirrus Owner Tell His Story

On 2008-04-05, Stella Starr wrote:

Jay Maynard wrote:
It's not about Zoom.

You keep saying that, and you keep putting him back into the story.

Nope. Those who are saying that out-of-state people will never be charged
Florida use tax for flying their new aircraft into Florida for training or
business are arguing that the whole story is bogus because Zoom first
reported it.

Now that is a lie. Nobody ever claimed that the whole story was bogus
just because zoom reported it. In fact the story was published as a
stand alone story many months before and nobody said anything about
it. What people have said is that tying it to a slam on Sun-N-Fun was
bogus because there was not one shread of proof that there was any
threat to those attending.

Was there ever someone who didn't live in Florida, made a landing while
passing through, and had to pay sales tax? If there's a true story, will
someone please post it and skip all the arguing over what someone may
not have said?

The state of Florida says they may charge use tax for aircraft owned by
someone with no connection to Florida that flies there for business or
training. I don't trust a government to not collect tax they say they amy
collect.
--

That is also a lie and the portions of the law pertaining to that fact
were published here several times.

Jay Maynard, K5ZC * * * * * * * * *http://www.conmicro.comhttp://jmaynard.livejournal.com* * *http://www.tronguy.net
Fairmont, MN (FRM) * * * * * * * * * * * *(Yes, that's me!)
AMD Zodiac CH601XLi N55ZC (ordered 17 March, delivery 2 June)

Just checked out your web site and now I understand everything.

Birds of a feather.

Old April 6th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

BobR wrote in
:

On 2008-04-05, Stella Starr wrote:

Jay Maynard wrote:
It's not about Zoom.
You keep saying that, and you keep putting him back into the story.

Nope. Those who are saying that out-of-state people will never be
charged Florida use tax for flying their new aircraft into Florida
for training or

business are arguing that the whole story is bogus because Zoom first
reported it.

Now that is a lie. Nobody ever claimed that the whole story was bogus
just because zoom reported it.

A few definitely spun it in that direction, but that was prolly just the
usual usenet BS.

bertie
Old April 6th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Maynard

On 2008-04-06, BobR wrote:
Now that is a lie. Nobody ever claimed that the whole story was bogus
just because zoom reported it.

Then why do people kepe bringing Zoom into it?

What people have said is that tying it to a slam on Sun-N-Fun was bogus
because there was not one shread of proof that there was any threat to
those attending.

The AOPA didn't tie it to SnF.

The state of Florida says they may charge use tax for aircraft owned by
someone with no connection to Florida that flies there for business or
training. I don't trust a government to not collect tax they say they amy
collect.

That is also a lie and the portions of the law pertaining to that fact
were published here several times.

The Florida Department of Revenue has said it. Go look at the letter that
AOPA got from them; my statement is a direct quote from that letter. The
article is at http://www.aopa.org/advocacy/article.../080328fl.html , and
the letter is at http://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2008/080328fl.pdf .
My quote is taken from the answer to question 4 on page 5. AOPA is still
troubled by the use fo the term "may", and if they are, I am.

Just checked out your web site and now I understand everything.
Birds of a feather.

Uhm. Huh? What on my web site (and which one, for that matter) would lead
you to believe that I have anything in common with Zoom Campbell? I'm not
defending the guy. I *am* saying that his credibility, or total lack
thereof, has no bearing on this story.
Old April 6th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

article is athttp://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2008/080328fl.html, and
the letter is athttp://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2008/080328fl.pdf.
My quote is taken from the answer to question 4 on page 5. AOPA is still
troubled by the use fo the term "may", and if they are, I am.

Just checked out your web site and now I understand everything.
Birds of a feather.

Uhm. Huh? What on my web site (and which one, for that matter) would lead
you to believe that I have anything in common with Zoom Campbell? I'm not
defending the guy. I *am* saying that his credibility, or total lack
thereof, has no bearing on this story.
--

Gee Jay, do you get my point yet? BFG

Old April 6th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Maynard

Old April 10th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Edward A. Falk

Default A.N.N. BUSTED! Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

In article ,
Jay Maynard wrote:
That AOPA is pursuing the matter is all the credibility I need to be
concerned about it.

Yes, that's why I'm taking it seriously. I'll wait until the AOPA has
something to say.

In the meantime, just to be safe, if you buy a plane from a Florida
company, have them deliver it.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/
Old April 15th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Edward A. Falk says...

In article ,
Jay Maynard wrote:
That AOPA is pursuing the matter is all the credibility I need to be
concerned about it.

Yes, that's why I'm taking it seriously. I'll wait until the AOPA has
something to say.

In the meantime, just to be safe, if you buy a plane from a Florida
company, have them deliver it.

Nothing happened at SnF, there were lots of new and recently purchased planes
there and not a tax man in sight.

Word on the field was "it's just another case of zoom fanning the flames" let's
wait and see what AOPA has to say now that the fly in is over.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret