I want to buy a plane by year-end but they're not making it easy.

Old December 2nd 04, 05:03 AM
Marty from Sunny Florida

T.Roger-

I've spent a lot of time in a new Tiger over the past few months, and would
be glad to set up a demo ride if you're in the Palm Beach area this winter.
Give me a call during business hours at 561.478.1098. I've only been in a
Cirrus SR22 once, and it's a trip, but very difficult to insure without
advanced ratings (expect close to $10,000 per year for ins.). The 180HP
Cessna is nice, but my vote is on the Tiger. Not only is it a ton of fun to
fly, it looks very tight and sporty, unlike the 'stationwagon in the air'

I have a bunch of photos and some contact info available online at:
http://palmbeachphoto.com/tiger/

The next aircraft that's available is January 05, but your deposit qualifies
you for the tax break, as long as you make the purchase in 2004.

Regards,
Marty from Sunny South Florida
ps. where are you located ?

"tony roberts" wrote in message
If you are serious, tell them all that you'll pay them $100.00 for the
test flight if they pay you $1000 discount if you buy.
They'll all go for it and as you plan to buy anyway you will save some
cash.

Which Cirrus were you thinking of?
It's a lot of cash to pay for something that isn't certified beyond 4000
hours and can't spin - But that's a whole new thread - just sit back and
watch

Tony

In article ,
"T.Roger" wrote:

I don't have my ticket yet -- and I'm really committed because I want to

buy
my own plane to train and fly -- and I want to take advantage of the tax
write-off about to expire at year end.

I've been at this since August.
But, hell, they're not making it easy.

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy. But if you don't have your ticket they don't want

know you. They take the position that I should secure the financing for

the
particular plane before I demo. I take the position that I'm not going

waste my time if I'm not in love with the plane. I tell them that I'm
relegated to buying a C172 because that's the only plane I know and

they're
not making it easy for me to consider anything else. They take the

position
that "...every customer who's bought their 'so-and-so-brand-plane' has

never
regretted it and has never gone back to a C172. I say: kiss my a**: if

I'm
going to effort to run around trying to convince a bank to finance my
purchase @ $200,000 or more (you know what that's like) then I want to

know
what in hell I'm buying!! They're sort of saying: marry me and then

you'll
find out if you love me.

So far, I haven't had one demo since I started the search in August.
I thought GA was hurting; I guess not.

I train in C172's, and I guess that's what Cirrus, Piper and Tiger want

me
to buy because they don't seem interested in my business.

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

Old December 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
T.Roger

Yes but with real estate, at least, you can go to an open house!!!

"Dan Engleman" wrote in message

"T.Roger" wrote in message
. com...
I don't have my ticket yet -- and I'm really committed because I want to
buy
my own plane to train and fly -- and I want to take advantage of the tax
write-off about to expire at year end.///

I've been at this since August.
But, hell, they're not making it easy.

Hey T. Roger,

I feel your pain (well kinda). I mess with a little real estate and run
into the same thing. In order to look at a property
you must be "pre-qualified" with many brokers. Well.......I may pay cash.
So I am not going to go through the process of filling out a credit
application, etc.

There is a trade off on this though. Real estate agents and aircraft
dealers don't have time to mess with all the "flakes" who would like to
buy something, but don't have the resourses.
You made the statement about "trying" to get financing for a 200k
purchase.....they probably picked up on that. Most people who want to make
a 200k purchase don't have any doubt about getting the money, as I don't
have any doubt about getting the money for real estate purchases.

Perhaps if you were a little more circumspect with them?????

Of course if you are 22 years old you will have to prove that you are a
rock star, professional athlete, etc. :-)

Good luck,

Dan

Old December 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
T.Roger

Early on, I offered the east-coast Tiger rep to pay for fuel. It didn't
persuade him.

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

"T.Roger" wrote:

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy.

Have you offered to pay them for the flight? Most dealers will be happy to
demo
a new plane for about $100.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to
have
been looking for it.

Old December 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
T.Roger

Ah, but the glass, the interior and the parachute!!!

"T.Roger" wrote:

I don't have my ticket yet -- and I'm really committed because I want to
buy
my own plane to train and fly -- and I want to take advantage of the tax
write-off about to expire at year end.

I've been at this since August.
But, hell, they're not making it easy.

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy. But if you don't have your ticket they don't want to

Old December 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
T.Roger

I'm analogizing buying a plane with buying a car. I test-drove my Lexus
before I bought it and I wouldn't have purchased it otherwise. Why in hell
would I buy a Piper without a demo?

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
I am a licensed real estate agent. You would be amazed at some of the
people
walking in planning to buy a $200,000 home but have bad credit, no income,
$25,000 in credit card debt, etc.

I learned pretty quickly not to bother with someone who isn't
pre-qualified.

There is a saying in the business "Buyers are Liars".

I'm sure Piper, Cirrus and Tiger think you're another wanabe who wants a
free ride in one of their planes. They need some way to weed out the
rif-raf, and unfortunately, you're looking alot like rif-raf.

"Dan Engleman" wrote in message

. com...

Old December 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
T.Roger

A deposit isn't the problem for me. I just don't want to deposit money into
a mystery venture, as the aircraft sellers would want me to do.

"Dude" wrote in message
As someone else said, there are plenty of tire kickers asking plane
sellers for demo flights. I have seen this happen before, and there is
likely something about your approach that is making them think you are not
a serious buyer.

Also, many insurers balk at student pilots, especially on a Cirrus. At any
rate, tell us where you are, or how to contact you and maybe I can help
you out. I know a few low people in high places, and would be happy to
help you.

I went through all sorts of frustration buying my first new plane. I even
got stood up for an appointment after traveling halfway across the country
to see a plane. Then with barely an apology, they started twisting my arm
for a deposit over the phone!

OTOH, the guy I bought my plane from was top notch, and I still call him
every now and then to say hi. The best and the worst seem to get into
aviation, and not that much in between.

You do not have to buy the plane buy year end to get bonus depreciation
. com...

Old December 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
T.Roger

Where I train there are a few Cirrus' and no New Pipers or Tigers. Cirrus
has a presence because of their successful shares program but I'd need to
hook up with the share owners to rent. Not likely.

"Ross Oliver" wrote in message

Why don't you just go rent one for an hour or two? Piper and
Cirrus rentals shouldn't be too hard to find. A Tiger might
take a little more leg work. Renting with a CFI has the added
advantage of counting the time toward "time in type" that your
insurer will inevitably require.

Old December 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
T.Roger

I'll be at my vacation home in the Ft. Meyers area but not much before
year-end, too late to place an order for the tax break. Thanks for
offering.

.. .

Old December 2nd 04, 05:43 AM
Cockpit Colin

Would it work to offer to pay for the flight with the condition that your
money be refunded if you bought?

Old December 2nd 04, 05:44 AM
Kyle Boatright

"T.Roger" wrote in message
. com...
Yes but with real estate, at least, you can go to an open house!!!

We call those Oshkosh, SnF, etc...

KB

rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 04 07:27 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 November 1st 03 07:27 AM
Conspiracy Theorists (amusing) Grantland Military Aviation 1 October 2nd 03 12:17 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 03 07:27 AM