Last Train to Kitty Hawk ...song

Old April 13th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Last Train to Kitty Hawk ...song

(There's a 48 second Mp3 link on the site)
http://www.tallpaul.com/music/fast-beneath-my-feet.html
Last Train to Kitty Hawk

http://www.tallpaul.com/about-tall-paul.html
Who is Tall Paul?

last train to kitty hawk (ellis/duke)

paul, bryan, byron, bob,
jerry douglas-dobro
scott vestal-banjo
jon randall-harmony
andrea zonn-harmony

everybody knew it was bound to happen one day, another breakthrough with the
twinkle of an eye

scholars scratched their heads always looking for a new way, pondered their
options- then looked up to the sky

no- no nothin' lasts forever, nothing says goodbye like a ticket in your
hand

whoa- they say progress makes us better, time ain't standin' still for any
man

chorus:
all aboard- last train to Kitty Hawk, yesterday has taken off

tomorrow's gonna fly

I guess someday they'll close down this station, we'll ride around in motor
cars and never take the train

always be new ways to reach our destination, once we're done with taxi cabs
we'll fly in jet airplanes

no- no nothin' lasts forever, nothin' says goodbye like a ticket in your
hand

whoa- they say progress makes us better, time ain't standin' still for any
man

chorus

(bridge)

time to spread our wings and fly, now the brothers sat the wind is right

don't get left behind

Montblack
I stumbled across this song/group tonight

Old April 13th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Bryan Sutton won the Bluegrass guitar player of the year award a few
years back I saw him at Merlefest and he was worthy of the award.

He will be there with Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, John Prine and many
others.

Worth the trip if you like music.

http://www.merlefest.org/ArtistsSchedules.htm

Tom

Old April 13th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

("Tom" wrote)
He will be there with Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, John Prine and many others.

Worth the trip if you like music.

http://www.merlefest.org/ArtistsSchedules.htm

Hey, I found Tall Paul's "Last Train to Kitty Hawk" song:
http://www.tallpaul.com/music/downloads.html
Downloads

http://www.tallpaul.com/downloads/movs/kittyHawk.mov
"Last Train to Kitty Hawk" (live performance movie)

Montblack
http://www.tallpaul.com/downloads/movs/BOTD.mov
Todd Rundgren - "Bang [on] the Drum All Day" g

(John Prine is coming to Mpls + Duluth in a month)