Friday 072707 in Oshkosh Pt 1 - the Raptor [01/30] - "F22 lifting off 18 after very short takeoff roll.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

Old July 30th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

You talk too much.

Old July 30th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:46:47 -0600, "Chuck"
wrote:

Just take your pics to someone who cares and leave us peasants alone.

Why are you folks giving this guy such a hard time? If you can not
see his posts, why the hell are you complaining about it. Modernize
and your computer will do it automatically - it doesn't matter whether
it's yenc, jpeg, mpeg, gif, whatever. All this complaining because
you won't modernize your computers maks no sense. Get real. I enjoy
all the photos on this ng, regardless the format posted in. If
someone is posting in a new format and I can't read that format, then
I will up-date my computer so I can read it, or I'll shut the eff up.

Just my $0.02

Dave

Old July 30th 07, 11:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:00:16 -0400, "Andrew-S"
I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote:

Such as upgrading our systems to MATCH your images Plane Noise???

No one is making you upgrade your system. But, yenc is here to stay.
It is on this ng and just about every binary group. If you do not
want to look at Plane's pictures, don't, but please, stop whining
about it. "Oh, booohooo, I can't down-load yenc because my computer
is not up-to-date. Woe is me, blah,blah,blah..."

Dave
(Who has little sympathy for those who will not help themselves.)

Old July 30th 07, 11:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:52:47 -0600, "Chuck"
wrote:

Then just get the hell out of OUR forum an post your pictures where your
elitists friends can see them.

A top poster telling everyone it is "our" newsgroup. Our includes
Plane. And everyone else that wants to look/post on this ng. You
have NO rights whatsoever on usenet, unless it is a moderated ng. And
apparently you do not know that it is considered rude by usenet
standards, to top post.

hth

Dave

Old July 30th 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 05:07:45 -0500, "Jim Morris"
wrote:

****ing idiot. gfb

You are top posting and you are calling *him* a effin idiot?

Too funny.

Dave

Old July 30th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Dave
(Who has little sympathy for those who will not help themselves.)

TO THE GROUP........

Is it just me or is there an amazing coincidence between the posting
software (agent) and where he is posting from (giganews) and the
similar setup from just plain noise.

Am I starting to smell a sock puppet in this thread.
Old July 31st 07, 12:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Seems dumb not to use an up-to-date
computer.

I have a Very up to date computer. YENC is an encoding format to
transfer files and has nothing to do with the computer it has to do with
the program you use to post and read NG files. I just dont feel like
downloading another newsreader I have 3 and none decode YENC I also do
not want to DL another. So I am not loosing out
Post in YENC all you want I no longer care. If you read the guide it
states clearly If you want the greatest exposure use a standard encoding
method. personaly I am tired of the fight and it is not my loss. The
only photos worth seeing in this group belong to Dale "Legend of LAX"
and Glen's that is about the only reason I am still even keeping a
newsreader.
Other then that I can see great work in discussion groups like
Fencecheck.com

BTW Dale you are one who should join that group. You and Glen are a
couple of the best photographers and it is a great place to show off
your work.

Bill

You wont hear another word on YENC from me its not worth bitching over
New Groups are a dieing area anyway.

To bad this used to be a great place to drop in and see others work.
Old July 31st 07, 12:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:58:29 GMT, shiver
wrote:

Dave
(Who has little sympathy for those who will not help themselves.)

TO THE GROUP........

Is it just me or is there an amazing coincidence between the posting
software (agent) and where he is posting from (giganews) and the
similar setup from just plain noise.

Am I starting to smell a sock puppet in this thread.

Are you suggesting we're the same person or something? Do you have
any clue how big SAgent is or even bigger Giganews is in terms of
users?

Giganews now has 210 days retention on binaries, and I can't remember
the last time I had to ask anybody for a repost due to imcompleteness
attributable to Giganews. Anybody who is paying the $25 a month
Giganews costs and not getting that kind of service ought to check it
out. I stumbled into Giganews because Usenet service via Road Runner
sucked majorly, but I'm nothing but happy with it.
Old July 31st 07, 05:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

An echo of my own thoughts Bill,
This merry battle has gotten really getting out of hand, neither side is
prepared to give an inch. Unfortunately it is also what I feared would
happen this time around,
and the parties on both sides have become so focused they don't see how
damage they are doing to the newsgroup.

The sad reality is that there are so many other interesting places to get
our aviation photo fixes. Pbase is one of my favorites, and though
much more amateur, I also rather like the free service Flickr... I haven't
heard of Fence Check but after a quick search it looks like it too maybe a
interesting place to hang out as well.

Well I have got to clean my sensor, I have a paid shoot at 9:00am., and I
would like to get some sleep.

Andrew

Old July 31st 07, 09:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Elmo von Thud

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 05:07:45 -0500, "Top Posting Jim"
wrote:

****ing idiot. gfb

[sneep]

I'm really getting into the groove of this high brow, scientific
debate, Jim. As such, I feel a deep and burning desire to respond to
your top heavy post in the following manner:

Growl! Snort! Fume! Rage! Fart! And Ultra Grrrrrrrr!!!

Howzat?

Elmo von Thud