Filling with nitrogen

Old December 5th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert Dorsey

Default Filling with nitrogen

I was thinking about this kit for my struts. The hand pumps are nice
for an emergency fill with air or H if you have a tank sitting around,
but this kit isn't too much more money and stowes nicely away.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...&cat=11&page=1

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:28:07 -0600, "Fly" fly at Tulsaconnect.com
wrote:

Expensive.
My set up costs:
Bottle of Nitrogen is about $100
A set of victor guages that the refirgeration guys use is about $110. 0-600
PSI on the low side.
$13 for the gooseneck to fit the schrader valve and $25 to have a long
hi-pressure hose made.

Keep in mind that it a takes high pressure to force the schrader's needle
valve open.

Kent Felkins
Tulsa

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
"scott moore" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I am considering purchase of a nitrogen fill system. I don't have power
at my tiedown, and filling the tires with a 12 volt portable compressor
is a pain due to having to park the car near the tire, move to the
other side, etc. I figgured a nice nitrogen tank system would give me
a power free solution and fill the tire with the best possible kind
of gas.

I found a fill system online:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...trogenTire.php

My only question is why it says "no struts". That would seem to me
to be one of the best uses of this system, that I can top off my
strut, which is forever going low (on a Cessna). Is there a reason
for this restriction, and is there a system that can do struts?

Thank you.

Scott Moore

A $40 ten gallon air tank is way more than enough for tires.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old December 8th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Fly

http://www.aircraft-tool.com/shop/flyer.aspx

Shows a strut pump coupler.

My regulator says Victor Medalist P250-500

Kent

Military falls on hard times in filling key jobs, report says Otis Willie Naval Aviation 1 November 26th 05 02:00 PM
Filling Holes AKperson Owning 1 July 20th 05 03:54 PM
filling Oxygen tanks Bruce McFadden Piloting 40 January 3rd 05 03:25 AM
Filling oxygen tanks Bruce McFadden Owning 49 December 28th 04 11:41 PM
172 Nosewheel Struts Leak Nitrogen jls Owning 4 April 9th 04 06:28 PM