Markte survey - hardwood B-8 stick grips

Old June 22nd 04, 06:01 PM

Default Markte survey - hardwood B-8 stick grips

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:39:43 -0700, Richard Riley
wrote:

I'm trying to guage general interest. I'm not planning on selling
them directly, really I just want a pair for myself but it looks like
the minimum reasonable run is about 100. I'll sell the rest to Wicks
and Spruce to sell to the public.

Anyone interested?

Richard Riley

I was planning to make my own Richard, but I wasn't going to use
exotic wood. Plain old Poplar, stained to whatever hue would be fine
with me.

Corky Scott
Old June 22nd 04, 08:43 PM
Sean Trost

richard,
That with cooley hat and all ?
Sean

Richard Riley wrote:
I'm looking into having a run of B-8 stick grips made from hardwood.

If you don't know the B-8, here's a drawing -
http://tinyurl.com/26mfq.

They wouldn't be cheap - probably in the range of $300-400 with the
switches installed. Woods are Goncalo Alves, Coolibah, Rose Myrtle,
Brown Malee and similar exotics. Less for more standard walnut,
cherry, rosewood and ebony. Checkering in the same places as the
original, oil or urethane finish.

I'm trying to guage general interest. I'm not planning on selling
them directly, really I just want a pair for myself but it looks like
the minimum reasonable run is about 100. I'll sell the rest to Wicks
and Spruce to sell to the public.

Anyone interested?

Richard Riley
Richard (atsign) riley (period) net

Old June 23rd 04, 03:12 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 06:43:51 -0700, Richard Riley
wrote:

:The switches are hard to push for a reason: to reduce accidentally pressing
:them. I own a B-8 and my pinky finger and thumb just naturally rest on those
:switches, the pickle switch isn't likely to be accidentally pressed unless your
:thumb slips off the rice hat.
:
:Are you planning to have a two step trigger?

No, the switch is nearly $100 alone.

Rose Myrtle joystick grip: $400

Two step trigger: $100

Preventing an inadvertent shoot-down of the 172 in front of you:
Priceless. :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old June 23rd 04, 04:09 PM
Richard Lamb

wrote:

:The switches are hard to push for a reason: to reduce accidentally pressing
:them. I own a B-8 and my pinky finger and thumb just naturally rest on those
:switches, the pickle switch isn't likely to be accidentally pressed unless your
:thumb slips off the rice hat.
:
:Are you planning to have a two step trigger?

No, the switch is nearly $100 alone.

Rose Myrtle joystick grip: $400

Two step trigger: $100

Preventing an inadvertent shoot-down of the 172 in front of you:
Priceless. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

See! That's why you _always_ put the coffee down before reading the

Priceless, Ron

Richard
Old June 23rd 04, 10:17 PM
Richard Lamb

From: Richard Lamb

wrote:

:The switches are hard to push for a reason: to reduce accidentally

pressing
:them. I own a B-8 and my pinky finger and thumb just naturally rest on

those
:switches, the pickle switch isn't likely to be accidentally pressed

unless your
:thumb slips off the rice hat.
:
:Are you planning to have a two step trigger?

No, the switch is nearly $100 alone.

Rose Myrtle joystick grip: $400

Two step trigger: $100

Preventing an inadvertent shoot-down of the 172 in front of you:
Priceless. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

See! That's why you _always_ put the coffee down before reading the

Priceless, Ron

Richard

Richard, I have a technical question since I don't drink coffee. I prefer
Pepsiâ„¢.
Which hurts more through the nose coffee or Pepsiâ„¢.

I think Ron puts a notch on his modem each time he makes someone spew.

Speaking of which I have a spoof MasterCard™® ad clip that may make you do
that. If you are interested I could send it to you.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Sounds interesting, but the best I can get on this tin can and string
lash up from SW Bell is about 26 to 28 k.
Large files are painfully sloooooow.
If it's under a meg, and worth the wait, send it on...

As for the technical question...
From an engineering perspective, the differences experienced by the
nasal cavities probably depend on the dynamics of the substances
expelled.

How hot is the coffee?
How much bubble in the Pepsi?
And, of course, how much dynamic pressure in the ejector?

Richard (wiping his nose...)
Old June 24th 04, 12:40 AM
B2431

From: Richard Lamb
Date: 6/23/2004 4:17 PM Central Daylight Time

From: Richard Lamb

wrote:

[...]

It's 1.89 meg, sorry. Cable modems are nice

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old June 24th 04, 01:48 AM
Richard Lamb

From: Richard Lamb

[...]