Need advice - off topic

Old October 23rd 17, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Need advice - off topic

How can I transfer airline miles from American Express to United's Mileage Plus
or Lufthansa's Miles and More programs ?
American Express will not do it directly - but I read somewhere that one can
transfer to some other (hotel?) program and then into Mileage Plus or Miles and
More - I will appreciate any advice - thanks in advance -
rhwoody at earthlink.net
Old October 23rd 17, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Well there's this on the American Express site...
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...iness-platinum

Otherwise look at points.com
https://www.points.com/how-it-works/exchange-points/

Jim
Old October 23rd 17, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

It's not really off topic. Like others, I've used frequent flyer miles to go on soaring adventures.
Would suggest to anyone with a frequent flyer account to donate some to national soaring teams, for example the juniors who aren't flush with cash.
....Linking the thread to the one about "what is your club doing..."
Hashtag, etc.
Jim

rhwoody at earthlink.net

After half of the afternoon on a CHAT with someone working for Amex - in India -
I found out the Optima American Express card I have had since 1969 the points/
miles cannot be used for flight rewards - but by getting a different Amex card
the points/miles will be automatically transferred to the new card and that card's miles can be used on aircraft rewards and can be transferred to a list of airlines which includes Delta - thanks for the help - much appreciated

Off-topic question about on-topic picture - wright-bournemouth.jpg (1/1) [420K] Netko Aviation Photos 9 April 28th 12 10:53 AM
A little off topic Fred Blair Soaring 11 March 30th 09 08:42 PM
Off Topic Advice Denny Piloting 9 September 2nd 06 12:25 PM
Almost on topic... Richard Lamb Home Built 22 January 30th 06 07:55 PM
off topic, just a little--maybe? L.D. Home Built 5 August 27th 05 04:56 PM