Bush Iran War Plans - 4 Strike Groups in the Persian Gulf

Old October 29th 06, 10:20 PM posted to sci.military.naval,us.military.navy,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Peter Skelton

Default Bush Iran War Plans - 4 Strike Groups in the Persian Gulf

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:55:41 GMT, Tankfixer
wrote:

In article ,
mumbled
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:16:56 GMT, Tankfixer
wrote:

In article .com,
mumbled

Exactly how would a hot war with Iran influence voters to vote
Republican? I would think it would enrage Democrats and increase their
voter turn-out, thus causing the GOP to LOSE control of Congress.

Exactly why we keep seeing liberals touting the idea a war is
imminent...

Bull****, and you should know it. The folks touting war with Iran
are the nutcases at both ends of the spectrum. You get the nasty
Bush starting another useless war posts (I suspect he's learned
his lesson), in about equal numbers to the we gottta bomb them
now in about equal proportion, depending on the week. The posters
aren't liberals, or conservatives by any rational definition.

Hit a sore spot eh ?

Yes, I've never suffered fools gladly.

Peter Skelton
Old October 30th 06, 10:37 AM posted to sci.military.naval,us.military.navy,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jeroen Wenting

and in a conflict situation with Iran, transiting the
strait would be asking for trouble, when it isn't necessary.

That depends on the ROEs ... g

The only ROE which could provide secure passage through the straits for a
carrier in a war with Iran would be one where the Iranian side of the
straits was first bombarded with nukes to maybe a hundred miles inland.
I doubt we'll see that anytime soon.