George Patton Jr is not George Patton III

Old January 31st 04, 05:41 PM
Dave Holford

ArtKramr wrote:

How how hell would you know., You never led men anywhere.

Just out of idle curiosity, since this off topic thread seems likely to
continue, where and when did you lead men into combat? From what I have
seen of your postings your most common reference to leadership seems to
have been "I did as I was told."

Dave
Old January 31st 04, 06:03 PM
ArtKramr

ubject: George Patton Jr is not George Patton III
From: "Tarver Engineering"
Date: 1/31/04 8:01 AM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: George Patton Jr is not George Patton III
From:
(BUFDRVR)
Date: 1/31/04 5:39 AM Pacific

Not by a long shot. In fact nowhere close. And it is disengenious to say
Patton
said it and then when challenged say, "Oh not that Patton". There is

only
ONE
PATTON.

What a crock !! You know Art, your posts look more and more pathetic
everyday.

Then don't open them. And you know where you can stick your personal

insults.

eading men in Vietnam was a damn sight harder than leading men in the
open fields of France and George S. Patton *III* is more qualified to

discuss
leadership in Vietnam than his father, even had his father liv

How how hell would you know., You never led men anywhere.

Patton turned an army moving East to the North and broke through the

Bastogne
salient ending the Battle of the Bulge and bringing the last German thrust

an end.

Let me clue you Art, the ten days after the end of the bulge was the
heaviest fighting there. The 101st didn't need saving.

So claim the 101st. In fact as one paratrooper was heard to say, " The Germans
have us surounded. Poor *******s" The truth is the 101st was running out of
ammo for their Garands and damned hungry as food was running low. Or so told
me a number of those guys after the battle. And they thanked the AAC much for
dropping supplies stuff. especially rifle ammo. We were in the air constantly
during those two weeks hitting panzers outside Bastogne and cutting roads and
bridges to stop the Germans from resupplying.
But I would never even suggest to anyone from the 101st that they needed our
help in any way. ((:-))

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old January 31st 04, 06:07 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Dave Holford" wrote in message

ArtKramr wrote:

How how hell would you know., You never led men anywhere.

Just out of idle curiosity, since this off topic thread seems likely to
continue, where and when did you lead men into combat? From what I have
seen of your postings your most common reference to leadership seems to
have been "I did as I was told."

Compared to BUFDRVR who, IIRC, has indeed "led men into combat" as an AC.
Art continues to baffle and dismay.

Brooks

Dave

Old January 31st 04, 07:22 PM
Kevin Brooks

From: "S. Sampson"
Date: 1/31/04 7:14 AM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote

What a crock !! You know Art, your posts look more and more pathetic
everyday.

Then don't open them.

Why not increase your logic skills, and then we won't have to ignore you.

Something you know zero about so it your posts that are a pile of
pretenious pathetic crap

You're living in a dream world. History doesn't stop because you have
retired
your brain. Patton Jr. would have more respect for modern warfare than

you
will
ever know. His son (Patton III) was an honorable soldier, and Kerry

is/was
and
always will be, a conniving politician and a first degree SOB. Kerry has
zero
chance of making it out of the liberal northeast, as he lacks the honor
necessary to
become something other than a pork-bearing Senator. Unlike Dole, he is
unwilling to go for broke. He wants to be President, but he'll hold-on

being
a pork-Senator in case he loses (and he will lose).

Is the information you are posting from your personal combat experiences?

What an idiot. Is combat experience now required to correct your idiotic
notion that there is only one George S. Patton who acheived GO rank in the
US Army? Or is it required for an individual to judge Kerry's demonstrated
two-faced attitude towards these decorations? No, and no again. Maybe you
will extend it to only allowing combat veterans the right to vote? You don't
have a very good grasp of what you actually were fighting *for*, do you?

Brooks

snip

Old January 31st 04, 07:58 PM
BUFDRVR

How how hell would you know., You never led men anywhere.

No? I'm glad I didn't screw up whatever it was I was doing because there would
have been problems had I suggested I was not leading anyone.....

Patton turned an army moving East to the North and broke through the Bastogne

snip Blah, blah, blah. Great, now tell us why his son who served in Vietnam
would not have been more qualified than his father to comment on Kerry's
post-war actions.

to resupply Bastogne from the air and the 344th was there in
force. Something you know zero about

I've got two degrees in 20th Century European history so I believe I know more
than "zero" about Patton's acheivements in WW II. Oh, I'm sorry, if you didn't
actually fight in WW II, you know "zero", I forgot.

so it your posts that are a pile of
pretenious pathetic crap

Using that logic, so are all of yours not dealing with WW II, in fact, you are
unqualified to comment on Kerry's service in Vietnam because "you weren't
there". Better keep your mouth shut on Yugoslavia, Iraq and Afghanistan as
well. Being engaged by surface-to-air missiles, no comment from you. Jet
engines, no comment from Art. I could go on, but you get the point.

PLONK

I doubt it....

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old January 31st 04, 08:13 PM
BUFDRVR

If you are so bothered by what he has to say, then don't read his posts.
Can't get any simpler than that.

And if Art, or yourself, is so bothered by our attempt to keep Art's attitude
in check, you also are free to not read our retorts.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old January 31st 04, 08:27 PM
Tarver Engineering

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Try not to respond to Kevin the noise generator, Art.