plane to carry bikes?

Old January 1st 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default plane to carry bikes?

Here's a link I found on Ron Wanttaja's page of links
http://www.coastcomp.com/av/fltline2/avion.htm

Old January 1st 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

AllThumbs wrote:

Here's a link I found on Ron Wanttaja's page of links
http://www.coastcomp.com/av/fltline2/avion.htm

Full fuel leaves room for 2000lbs or two of your GoldWings and their
riders(at least if one of the riders can fly the plane) so I guess you'll
need two of these!
John

Old January 7th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

And here is the single engine version of the Explorer sold in Canada. A
flying motor home.
http://www.exploreraero.com/flashed.html

Hope this helps

Jean-Paul

oups.com...

Old January 10th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jean-Paul Roy wrote:

And here is the single engine version of the Explorer sold in Canada. A
flying motor home.
http://www.exploreraero.com/flashed.html

Hope this helps

Jean-Paul

"AllThumbs" wrote in message
oups.com...

Here's a link I found on Ron Wanttaja's page of links
http://www.coastcomp.com/av/fltline2/avion.htm

Hey, no need to get fancy. The question was about carrying bikes. No
one said anything about getting them out of the airplane.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old January 4th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

DC-3,of course.
Go in style, David!

Richard

AINut wrote:

What would you guys recommend to carry 4 or 5 GoldWings and their
riders? Doesn't need to be able to cross an ocean 8-). It needs to be
one that mere mortals can afford, so 747's and C5's are out.

Thanks,
David M.

Old January 5th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

We flew to San Juan, P.R. this last spring. As we were taxiing to the
terminal, I counted at least 30 DC-3's at various places on the ramps.
Most of them looked to be actively in service. Thought we had gone
through a time warp. . .

Rich S.

Old January 6th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message

I went by Tradewinds (DC-3 yard in San Antonio) to see old man Ormand, and
was
surprised how much they have expanded
Literaly stacks of new shipping containers full of stuff.

Mebbe Douglas opened a new plant?? Damn! Now if somebody will just start
cranking out '57 Chebby convertibles. . .

Rich S.

Old January 6th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Rich S." wrote

Mebbe Douglas opened a new plant?? Damn! Now if somebody will just start
cranking out '57 Chebby convertibles. . .

I wonder if someone was to invest in the tooling to put the DC-3 back into
production, how much demand there would be, and how much they would have to
charge per copy to break even?

Perhaps use a turboprop, but offer a radial, also.
--
Jim in NC