Thank you SSA

Old September 24th 03, 02:24 AM
Mark Navarre

Default Thank you SSA

For placing an announcement and hyperlink on the SSA website for the pilot
opinion poll. I did not receive notice in the mail (maybe others, too?) could
it be the Postal Service is short on dough after buying Lance Armstrong a new
bike?
-
Mark Navarre
ASW-20 OD
California, USA
-
Old September 25th 03, 01:52 AM
John Shelton

Watch it, Mark. Lance Armstrong and Greg LeMonde before him are
practitioners of a formerly unknown sport in America that brought their
sports before the public eye by winning the most prestigious (and unknown
event in America) before the public eye thereby creating a huge continuing
boom in bicycle sales (and the necessary accoutrements).

I wish that someone would sponsor some of our newer fast guys to go to the
Worlds and bring home the championship and see what it does to soaring.

Well, enough proselytizing. Got to go out on my road bike for a quick 30
miles before dark.

Old October 1st 03, 06:35 PM
Robert Ehrlich

John Shelton wrote:

Watch it, Mark. Lance Armstrong and Greg LeMonde before him are
practitioners of a formerly unknown sport in America that brought their
sports before the public eye by winning the most prestigious (and unknown
event in America) before the public eye thereby creating a huge continuing
boom in bicycle sales (and the necessary accoutrements).

I wish that someone would sponsor some of our newer fast guys to go to the
Worlds and bring home the championship and see what it does to soaring.

Paul Mc Cready did it in the past and that didn't help. In France we have
at almost every Worlds some pilots among the 3 first ones in at least one
class, but this doesn't help, nobody talks of this in any public media.