What has become of Gliding International?

Old August 12th 18, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default What has become of Gliding International?

I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue, including on his website. Does anybody know if this publication is still active, or has it, too, gone defunct?

Tom
Old August 12th 18, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 10:14:48 PM UTC-6, 2G wrote:
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue, including on his website. Does anybody know if this publication is still active, or has it, too, gone defunct?

Tom

I've was using my gmail address for the digital edition and did not receive some of the download messages over the past couple of years. The office sent me attachments when I did not get the message. I changed my e-mail to my normal soaring e-mail (which has issues with Earthlink (and thus Mindspring and ix.netcom.com e-mails also (all Earthlink's doing)). After that change I received two e-mails for the July/August 2018 edition, one to login and download, the other link just worked and opened the PDF via browser plugin. Try e-mailing again with your concerns and maybe consider changing whatever e-mail you've been using. Maybe try e-mail them from an e-mail other than what you're using for your subscription to see if they answer.

No idea what e-mail service you may be using for your subscription

Good luck,

Frank Whiteley
Old August 17th 18, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 4:14:48 PM UTC+12, 2G wrote:
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue, including on his website. Does anybody know if this publication is still active, or has it, too, gone defunct?

Tom

HI Tom
Concerned about your problem - we are here to ensure you get what you paid for. Send me an email to my personal address ) and I will see you get the missing issues. Bulk emailing is certainly not perfect (yet). JOHN
Old August 19th 18, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 9:01:13 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 4:14:48 PM UTC+12, 2G wrote:
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue, including on his website. Does anybody know if this publication is still active, or has it, too, gone defunct?

Tom

HI Tom
Concerned about your problem - we are here to ensure you get what you paid for. Send me an email to my personal address ) and I will see you get the missing issues. Bulk emailing is certainly not perfect (yet). JOHN

I did get the current and back issue I was due, but why I was my email dropped from your subscription list (I should be getting the new issue shortly)?

Tom
Old August 20th 18, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 4:14:48 PM UTC+12, 2G wrote:
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue, including on his website. Does anybody know if this publication is still active, or has it, too, gone defunct?

Tom

Tom,
We asked you to email us but not through rec.aviation.soaring. We only
know you as TOM. We have 174 Toms on record and of course cannot
recognise you in particular via rec.aviation.soaring.

1. Your first posting infers you haven’t had any copies apart from the
first one.

2. Your second posting says you have all the issues and then says you
have been dropped off the mailing list. I would seriously doubt that.

Let us have your email address so we sort this out off line without
burdening every gliding pilot in the world with an unlikely problem.

JANICE
SUBSCRIBER SERVICE
GLIDING INTERNATIONAL

(Email address: )
(Web address:
www.glidinginternational.com)
(Postal address: 79 5th Ave, Tauranga, N.Z.)

Old August 20th 18, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 7:37:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Well, I DID email you.

Tom
Old August 22nd 18, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 12:14:48 AM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue, including on his website. Does anybody know if this publication is still active, or has it, too, gone defunct?

Tom

I recently received the latest issue. I'm surprised that John didn't respond. Give him a call +64 7 571 4161, New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of GMT.

Hugh
Old August 23rd 18, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 9:19:13 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 12:14:48 AM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue, including on his website. Does anybody know if this publication is still active, or has it, too, gone defunct?

Tom

I recently received the latest issue. I'm surprised that John didn't respond. Give him a call +64 7 571 4161, New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of GMT..

Hugh

Interesting. I did not receive mine (AGAIN!), and have inquired as to why.

Tom