Age restriction for ATC?

Old November 17th 04, 05:23 AM
Snoopy

Default Age restriction for ATC?

Did I hear correctly that there are age restrictions, for getting into Air
Traffic Control? Max age? to get started?

Thanks
Old November 17th 04, 03:41 PM
Newps

Snoopy wrote:

Did I hear correctly that there are age restrictions, for getting into Air
Traffic Control? Max age? to get started?

Yep, 31.
Old November 17th 04, 03:53 PM
Brad Zeigler

Small nit, but you must be hired before your 31st birthday, so the max age
is 30 to get started, unless you have prior military experience.

This limit is because of manditory (almost) retirement at 56.

Old November 17th 04, 04:07 PM
Newps

Brad Zeigler wrote:
Small nit, but you must be hired before your 31st birthday, so the max age
is 30 to get started, unless you have prior military experience.

This limit is because of manditory (almost) retirement at 56.

The retirement age of 56 is already half gone. The FAA can keep people
they want past that. That will only expand over the next few years.
Old November 17th 04, 05:40 PM
Peter MacPherson

What is the percentage of controllers that come the civilian
route versus from the military?

.. .

Old November 17th 04, 08:16 PM
Slick

It's mostly civilian in the En Route area. The Terminal area I'm not as
familiar with, but I would assume about 50% come from military.
"Peter MacPherson" wrote in message
What is the percentage of controllers that come the civilian
route versus from the military?

.. .