Celebrity Pilots

Old February 21st 05, 02:21 PM
Bob Noel

In article lXlSd.37714$4q6.18320@attbi_s01,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

How would young superstars have time? This is not a casual passion, is
it?

Young superstar actors, unless they are in a TV series, work an average of
10 - 20 weeks per year.

The rest of their time is spent schmoozing, partying, and feeling great
angst (in preparation for their next role, of course). Hell, look at
Travolta. He makes two movies per year, earning enough to support a
Gulfstream and a Boeing 707. The rest of the time, he plays.

Now compare this to most of us, working full-time, with families...

I was under the impression that at least some superstars put in considerable time
training (physical and acting skill).

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like
Old February 21st 05, 02:27 PM

Jay Honeck wrote:
I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots,
but can you list any others?

Christopher Reeve was a glider pilot, don't know if he flew powered
aircraft as well.
Old February 21st 05, 02:32 PM
Gary G

Wow! Now I can stalk her, too!
Weeee . . .
Don't forget Tom Daschle is a pilot.
And so is this guy who lives down the street and knows
a guy who once saw another person on an elevator who was
an extra in a movie . . .he's a bona fide CEEEE-LEB-RITY!

Of course, Morgan Freeman is temporarily "not" a pilot after that little
altitude-change mistake he made.

The real question? How many celebs are mile-high club members!?!?!

It's fun to see which "celebs" are bright enough to get a pilot's license. . .

Old February 21st 05, 03:01 PM
C J Campbell

Clint Eastwood is a helicopter pilot.
Of course, *I* am a pilot. :-)

--
Christopher J. Campbell
World Famous Flight Instructor

Ne Obliviscaris

Old February 21st 05, 03:40 PM
Jim Burns

Mickey Gilley

I chatted with him in Branson MO as he was getting training in his Barron.

Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2007
Airman Certificates : Student Pilot
: Private Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Any idea what the "Private Pilot (foreign based)" is all about? Does

this
mean she's certificated in other countries that our own FAA doesn't
recognize as legit?

I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots, but can you list any

others?

Anyone know how to get in touch with these folks? I presume the addresses
listed in the database really aren't where they live, but it would be fun

have pictures of each celebrity pilot in the suite, preferably
autographed...

Any ideas?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 21st 05, 03:59 PM
Dave S

Mickey still lives here in the Houston area and bases his Baron out of
LaPorte (T41). I've passed him in the air once or twice during his
commute from Branson to Houston.

Dave

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004

Old February 21st 05, 04:11 PM
George Patterson

tony roberts wrote:

His "Cannibal Queen" Stearman adventure made a great story.
Anyone know if he still has it?

Last year, I saw a list of his aircraft. The Queen was not in the list. I don't
regard that as conclusive, but I'd bet he no longer owns it.

George Patterson
He who tries to carry a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in
no other way.
Old February 21st 05, 04:28 PM
John T

Rod Machado's "Private Pilot Handbook" has a long list of celebs with
pilots licenses (certificates, if you're one of the picky) on the cover.

John

Old February 21st 05, 04:32 PM
Some Guy

"tony roberts" wrote in message