USAF Pilot Training Williams AFB Arizona - 1964

Old September 4th 07, 04:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eage

Default USAF Pilot Training Williams AFB Arizona - 1964

A dream comes true as the T-37 and T-38 await my year of USAF Pilot Training

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Williams AFB-AZ-Usenet-1964.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	16706
Old September 5th 07, 03:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
muff528

"Eag;e" wrote in message
A dream comes true as the T-37 and T-38 await my year of USAF Pilot
Training

Nice post of a Tweet painted in the "correct" colors. :-)
The dayglow orange and natural alum finish are the colors
I remember while hanging out at Bartow and Vance AF Bases
as a kid in the late 50's and early 60's. Now I see 'em painted
in some kind of ugly white and black/blue scheme. Now they
even have one of the ugly ones on display at Bartow Municipal
Airport. The T-38's were just beginning to show up at Vance
when we returned to Florida in 1962. They were replacing the
T-33's there. Here's a picture of a picture my dad kept for the
many years since then. I think this was a Cessna promo photo.
Dad blames his hearing loss on the T-37.

Tony P.

(Disclaimer -- any references to "ugliness" are personal
opinions only and may or may not reflect the opinions of
any other person)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00025.JPG (159.1 KB, 111 views)
Old September 5th 07, 06:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jack G[_2_]

Um - "Tweet" was the T-37 - the post is of a T-38. Don't think the T-38
picked up an unofficial nickname.

I was stationed at Webb AFB TX July 1965 thru October 1968 - one of the
UPT bases scattered around West Texas. I was enlisted and worked in the
base data center processing maintenance data among other things. Also had
the 331st F-104A ADC squadron resident while I was there.

Jack G

Old September 5th 07, 07:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jack G[_2_]

Muff528 -

Guess what - I didn't scroll over far enough and missed the tweet in the
picture. My apologies for correcting what was not an error - except on my
part.

Jack G.

Old September 5th 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eage

A hint of my identity: My initials = TJB Wetback and Boomer Flights ,
Class 66-C

To see hundreds more of my pictures, go to
http://flickr.com/welcome/example/ and look at aviatorr727 photo page.

Old January 17th 08, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eagle

Testing

Old January 17th 08, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eagle

Hello......testing, testing

Old January 18th 08, 08:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Eagle" wrote in
t:

Hello......testing, testing