Cirrus SR22 Purchase advice needed.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 26th 04, 02:35 PM
Dude

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Dude" wrote in message
[...] If
you had speed breaks you would allow the pilot more options to control
descent given that right now the system that governs the RPM/MP has

limited
ability to slow the plane without cutting the throttle.

How is that different from every other airplane without speed brakes,

where
you need to reduce the throttle in order to slow down without changing

your
flight path?

I reduce throttle in my plane, and I can increase rpm. The combination will
slow my plane without over cooling the engine. I DO NOT want to get into an
argument about shock cooling. Whether shock cooling occurs or not does not
change the fact that many pilots fly in ways to avoid it. The Cirrus does
not allow full control over prop and throttle (aka phony fadec)

Bottom line is that if a person has speed breaks, he is less likely to

fly
slow because he can shed speed whenever needed.

Dude, seems to me that by now, you've seen "speed brakes" spelled

correctly
often enough that it's time you start doing so yourself.

LOL, thanks, I will try.

Bottom line, the phony Fadec system isn't really all that good.

Funny...lots of people find it works just fine. It's not a FADEC, by the
way.

Pete

Well, the ones that have engines dying at 700 hours are a lot frigging
louder than the ones that think it works just fine.