Electrical question possible regulator / generator bad?

Old February 18th 11, 11:37 PM
Robbz Robbz is offline
Junior Member

Default Electrical question possible regulator / generator bad?

hey all had a quick question. I am trying to figure out what the main cause of a 20 amp generator fuse blowing would be. I personally feel it is the regulator that has gone bad as it is a 1959 cessna 150. (20 amp generator equiped)

The battery is fine, it just pops the fuse. It takes a charge it seems.

Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks
Old February 19th 11, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Wanttaja[_2_]

On 2/18/2011 2:37 PM, Robbz wrote:
hey all had a quick question. I am trying to figure out what the main
cause of a 20 amp generator fuse blowing would be. I personally feel it
is the regulator that has gone bad as it is a 1959 cessna 150. (20 amp
generator equiped)

The battery is fine, it just pops the fuse. It takes a charge it seems.

Some details on Delco-Remy generator/regulator systems:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/spark2.html

I agree it's probably the regulator.

Ron Wanttaja