Anyone remember a "cheap software" post?

Old April 13th 04, 05:03 AM
Aardvark

Default Anyone remember a "cheap software" post?

Brian Southworth wrote:
A year or 2 ago there was a post here in RAH about where to buy discount,
legitemate software in plainwrap packaging. I've googled every term I can think
of but I can't find it. Anyone remember it? I seem to recall that Windows XP
was $50 or $100, but in "industrial" packaging intended for dealers installing
it on new computers.

Does anyone remember it? I'm building several new computers for family and if
there's an affortdable way to do it with full registration I'd like to.

Search for Windows XP Professional 3-Pack OEM
This site has the 3 pack for $412
http://store.viosoftware.biz/wixpproem3.html

Just some thing I found

WW

Old April 13th 04, 08:50 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:03:40 -0400, Aardvark
wrote:

Brian Southworth wrote:
A year or 2 ago there was a post here in RAH about where to buy discount,
legitemate software in plainwrap packaging. I've googled every term I can think
of but I can't find it. Anyone remember it? I seem to recall that Windows XP
was $50 or $100, but in "industrial" packaging intended for dealers installing
it on new computers.

Does anyone remember it? I'm building several new computers for family and if
there's an affortdable way to do it with full registration I'd like to.

Search for Windows XP Professional 3-Pack OEM
This site has the 3 pack for $412
http://store.viosoftware.biz/wixpproem3.html

I purchased a 4 pack of OEM XP Pro for roughly $360 about a year ago
through a local supplier. Purchase 3 and they threw in a 4th.
They were individually shrink wrapped and came with the MS official
logo to go on/in each machine. (so called requirement)

However as they are pre SP-1 it requires *OVER* 100 megs of downloads
to bring them up-to-date if I have to do a reinstall. As I recall,
with the SP-1 update it's close to 140 megs. How'd you like to do
that on a dial up connection?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Just some thing I found

WW

Old April 13th 04, 10:30 AM
Scott

Try this website:

http://www.buycheapsoftware.com/default.asp

Scott

Old April 14th 04, 06:41 PM
Big John

Brian

These guys (and others) keep sending me e-mails:

Pro for $32.

Must be a rip off of 'Bill' (

Big John

Old April 18th 04, 02:51 AM
Big John

Brian

Have you also checked e-bay?

Old April 18th 04, 03:11 PM
Scott

Not sure if my original post made it to the group (I never saw it, but
that doesn't necessarily mean it didn't get posted). Just in case it
didn't:

Old April 21st 04, 09:16 PM
Tim Schoenfelder

Brian Southworth wrote:
A year or 2 ago there was a post here in RAH about where to buy discount,
legitemate software in plainwrap packaging. I've googled every term I can think
of but I can't find it. Anyone remember it? I seem to recall that Windows XP
was $50 or $100, but in "industrial" packaging intended for dealers installing
it on new computers.

Does anyone remember it? I'm building several new computers for family and if
there's an affortdable way to do it with full registration I'd like to.

From Some of the junk mail that I get...

http://12greatsoft.biz/cdc/?jridr
http://www.bmzthe.biz/OE017/?affilia...ampaign_id=601

--
Tim Schoenfelder
http://timschoenfelder.com

Old April 25th 04, 05:21 PM
Tim Schoenfelder

Tim Schoenfelder wrote:
Brian Southworth wrote:

A year or 2 ago there was a post here in RAH about where to buy discount,
legitemate software in plainwrap packaging. I've googled every term I
can think
of but I can't find it. Anyone remember it? I seem to recall that
Windows XP
was $50 or $100, but in "industrial" packaging intended for dealers
installing
it on new computers.

Does anyone remember it? I'm building several new computers for
family and if
there's an affortdable way to do it with full registration I'd like to.

From Some of the junk mail that I get...

http://www.xlanda.biz/OE017/?affilia...ampaign_id=601

These seem to disappear about as fast as they spring up...