Aerobatics in Toronto area?

Old July 12th 05, 01:40 PM
Dave

Default Aerobatics in Toronto area?

Is there anyone that teaches advanced aerobatics in he Toronto area?

Dave
Old July 12th 05, 07:34 PM
Peter Weaver

Dave wrote:
Is there anyone that teaches advanced aerobatics in he Toronto area?

Dave

Depends on how big you define the Toronto area.

There is the Air Combat Canada group based in St. Catharines that does
advanced aerobatics. Angus Gordon is also based in St. Catharines and he
used to do aerobatic training, but he may be working with the Air Combat
group now.

Chapter 3 of Aerobatics Canada is based in Guelph and they may be able
to tell you if there are any instructors based at any of the Toronto
area airports. A quick google search tells me that
http://www.aerobaticscanada.com/ might be of interest to you.

--
Peter Weaver
Weaver Consulting Services Inc.

Old July 12th 05, 10:26 PM

Peter Weaver wrote:
Dave wrote:
Is there anyone that teaches advanced aerobatics in he Toronto area?

Dave

Depends on how big you define the Toronto area.

There is the Air Combat Canada group based in St. Catharines that does
advanced aerobatics. Angus Gordon is also based in St. Catharines and he
used to do aerobatic training, but he may be working with the Air Combat
group now.

Chapter 3 of Aerobatics Canada is based in Guelph and they may be able
to tell you if there are any instructors based at any of the Toronto
area airports. A quick google search tells me that
http://www.aerobaticscanada.com/ might be of interest to you.

Unfortunately, Air Combat Canada no longer operates out of
St. Catharines and I don't think anyone is providing training
in the Decathlon there, either.

The short answer is no, there is no one in Ontario. In fact there
is no one in Canada teaching beyond the basics at this time, to
the best of my knowledge. (There might be Decathlon training
available in Springbank AB, if that is considered "advanced"?)

All there is in Ontario is basic stuff in Citabrias. (Look up
Future Air, if that interests you.)

Gerry Younger might still be able to provide dual in a Pitts out
of Waterloo Wellington. You can try to contact him by getting
his phone# from directory assistance. (Guelph, on Raglan St.)

rick

Old July 14th 05, 12:06 AM
Dave

Peter Weaver wrote:

Dave wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info, it doesn't look too promising for aeros. Is there a
school anywhere around Toronto with float planes? Or any unusual types?

Dave
Old July 16th 05, 09:15 PM

Peter Weaver wrote:

What happened to Air Combat? I think I saw them in the area in the
spring time, but I can not remember the last time I saw them at the
airport.

Last I heard, Paul (aka Pitch) was flying some kind of Jet under
contract to the Canadian DOD. FCI still operates out of Pheonix AZ,
but they just weren't making enough income at St. Catharines.

A few years back I did a search on the registration of the Decathlon
that Angus had when he taught me, and I saw that he no longer owned it.

I think it's still at St. Catharines, now owned by Scott ??? (Air
Combat
was leasing it for some of their training.) I don't think it is
available
for training at this time, rick.

Old July 16th 05, 09:22 PM

If you're just looking for "fun acro", there's
Stan Miller (WWII Harvard instructor) who
still gives dual in a Harvard and Tiger Moth
out of Oshawa (east of Toronto). If you
want to contact him, you can call him at:
416-284-9564 (if that # doesn't work,
search for "Classic WIngs").

rick