Kyle gets the mini lathe home....

Old August 24th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Kyle gets the mini lathe home....

"Charles Vincent" wrote in message
Dan wrote:

-----------------------

The problem with small pieces on a big lathe is spinning them fast enough
to get a good surface finish. I had an employee with a sherline lathe and
mill that we set up in the lab at work. I used to tease him about the
fact that I could chuck his whole rig up in either one of my big lathes.
None the less, I used his lathe at work quite often to get a number of our
jobs done. After a while he was ribbing me when he noticed me bringing
small jobs into work to do on his lathe since it was so mush easier and
more pleasant. Even though I already had three lathes, I bought a
Chinese mini lathe for small parts for my shop. I also bought a really
small lathe that I could pack in a suitcase and take with me on extended
business trips. Actually built a small steam engine in a hotel room with
it.

Charles.

You, Charles, are a very sick person.
Of course, now that I know that the product exists... :-)))

Peter