Debacle: Flight test of Diana-2

Old October 14th 05, 09:34 AM
anti-spam-add-remove-dashes-and-dot---naresh-

Hi All,

This is an open invitation to anyone in the vicinity of North Italy.

To put the personal accusations of being "unsafe-pilot" made by Mr.
Mueller about my flying ability to rest: If you are an instructor
visiting here, and would like to check me out, I'm willing to become the
scape-goat in our clubs glider and I'LL PAY FOR THE RIDE. You can name
the glider-type and we'll find one.

Anyone willing to take it up is welcome, this way we get a third party
opinion. I'd like to video the check-ride and put it up as well (Not
having a video will not be under discussion).

Best regards,
Naresh
Old October 14th 05, 10:10 AM
anti-spam-add-remove-dashes-and-dot---naresh-

A link to the photograph of the group. Yvonne and the French pilot, are
behind towards the right. Your's truly is on the left. Notice Yvonne,
she's quite small and fit into the Diana-2 very well.

http://www.neshe.com/?q=node/27
Old October 14th 05, 10:40 AM
Jancsika

It says a lot also about the Diana's friendly handling Even a
beginner could fly a Discus2. Buy that one instead of something what
requires Chuck Yeager in the cockpit...

/Jancsika
Old October 14th 05, 12:25 PM

Naresh has provided all the information they asked for, proving his
experience. He also got his licence recognized and was provided with a
polish licence to fly. If the intention was to show himthe glider
without allowing him to fly, they should have clearly told him before
his trip. The last-minute request for a checkflight is also an excuse,
since the glider was being put away while he was up in the air. This is
ridiculous communication. They have the right to decide who can fly the
prototype, and very likely only allow the people they personally know
to be very skilled, like you would normally do to allow someone to fly
your very precious glider...
however, it's only fair to explain the reason for not allowing him to
fly, and do it in a way that is not humiliating. I believe that in
business, the way you behave tells a lot on the reliability of a person
and of a company. They behaved in a way that doesn't allow trust
relationships to develop.

Old October 14th 05, 01:17 PM
Ian Johnston

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:20:33 UTC, "Ted Wagner"
wrote:

Your response does not explain your behavior to a fellow glider pilot and
potential customer. You did not just fail to communicate with him -- you
ignored, insulted and humiliated him.

I would never consider a Diana product based on what I've read here so far.

You select gliders based on the manufacturer's criteria for check
flights? Coo.

Ian
Old October 14th 05, 01:19 PM
Ian Johnston

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:19:49 UTC,
"anti-spam-add-remove-dashes-and-dot---naresh-"
"anti-spam-add-remove-dashes-and-dot---naresh-"@-neshe-dot-com
wrote:

Unlike many other pilots I know: in the 1250
or so flights, I've never nicked a glider ...

How many hours, as a matter of interest?

Ian

Old October 14th 05, 02:41 PM
Ian Johnston

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:18:22 UTC, Mark Dickson
wrote:

The organisers were aware of Naresh's
experience prior to the event and had agreed he could
fly the aircraft.

We don't actually know that, do we?

Ian