Blanik parts help

Old August 10th 10, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JC

Default Blanik parts help

We had a ground handling mishap and we will need to replace the final
section of the fuselage tail skin on our L-13. This is where the last
two bulkheads are and where the tail wheel assembly attaches. I´m
waiting for a reply from Blanik America but I have the impression that
this is a hard to find part. Any junked Blaniks out there getting
parted out?
Also, could someone with access to a parts catalog give me the part
number?
I imagine it must be fairly common for this area to get damaged as it
absorbs all the abuse from the tail skid/wheel. Ours already had a
small crack that had been patched.

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

Old August 10th 10, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Aug 10, 5:54*am, JC wrote:
We had a ground handling mishap and we will need to replace the final
section of the fuselage tail skin on our L-13. This is where the last
two bulkheads are and where the tail wheel assembly attaches. I´m
waiting for a reply from Blanik America but I have the impression that
this is a hard to find part. Any junked Blaniks out there getting
parted out?
Also, could someone with access to a parts catalog give me the part
number?
I imagine it must be fairly common for this area to get damaged as it
absorbs all the abuse from the tail skid/wheel. Ours already had a
small crack that had been patched.

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

Call Tampa Bay Soaring Society, they may be the closest. They have a
number of Blanik hulks and may have what you need.

They have an interesting approach. I've been told their entire fleet
consists of rebuilt insurance salvage and includes 3 L-13's. They
have a workshop and were refinishing their G-103 when I last visited.

Frank Whiteley

Old August 10th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jimboffin

On 10 Aug, 12:54, JC wrote:
We had a ground handling mishap and we will need to replace the final
section of the fuselage tail skin on our L-13. This is where the last
two bulkheads are and where the tail wheel assembly attaches. I´m
waiting for a reply from Blanik America but I have the impression that
this is a hard to find part. Any junked Blaniks out there getting
parted out?
Also, could someone with access to a parts catalog give me the part
number?
I imagine it must be fairly common for this area to get damaged as it
absorbs all the abuse from the tail skid/wheel. Ours already had a
small crack that had been patched.

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

As pretty much all Blanik L13s have been grounded in Europe you might
find a plentiful supply of spares there. See
http://ad.easa.europa.eu/blob/easa_ad_2010_0160_E.pdf
Jim
Old August 10th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_3_]

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:17:12 -0700 (PDT), jimboffin
wrote:

On 10 Aug, 12:54, JC wrote:
[...]

Hmmm, let's see:

"Ratio between Aerobatics Flight Hours (FH) and total accumulated
FH since new"

"If the sailplane records are missing or incomplete, no further
flights are permitted"

So, do Blanik logbooks have a column for akro time? If not, yep, that
grounds 'em all...

rj
Old August 11th 10, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JC

wrote:
On 10 Aug, 12:54, JC wrote:
[...]

Things look pretty bad for Blaniks... Probably not that many have
serious acro time but the no more than 50% ratio of dual to total
hours is a death sentence.
Is this the end? This really screws hundreds of clubs that operate
Blaniks.
Any idea if the factory is working on a real solution and not just log
book baloney?

Thanks to all that offered help with the parts. I hope it´s worth the
trouble to fix our Blanik..

Juan Carlos
Old August 13th 10, 10:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ray conlon

On Aug 10, 7:54*am, JC wrote:
We had a ground handling mishap and we will need to replace the final
section of the fuselage tail skin on our L-13. This is where the last
two bulkheads are and where the tail wheel assembly attaches. I´m
waiting for a reply from Blanik America but I have the impression that
this is a hard to find part. Any junked Blaniks out there getting
parted out?
Also, could someone with access to a parts catalog give me the part
number?
I imagine it must be fairly common for this area to get damaged as it
absorbs all the abuse from the tail skid/wheel. Ours already had a
small crack that had been patched.

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

There are 2 "project" Blaniks listed on wingsandwheels.com

L-23 Blanik parts needed... Deadstickdon Soaring 0 June 28th 10 09:38 PM
Blanik Parts 4Sale HoUdino Soaring 2 March 26th 10 03:08 PM
blanik L13 parts john Soaring 4 October 6th 07 07:30 PM
Blanik l-13 parts [email protected] Soaring 2 October 5th 05 12:21 AM
Blanik L-23 Parts Needed Roy Bourgeois Soaring 0 July 3rd 05 04:46 AM