Anti Aviation

Old August 15th 03, 02:19 AM
Roger Halstead

Default Anti Aviation

If you want to read a rather unbalanced approach, particularly to
noise... go over to alt.activism.noise.polution
There's a couple posts on there that propose things that would garner
the examination of the Homeland Security, FAA and who ever.

Remember these people might live near your airport.

There are some on there that might be a "danger to themselves".

Roger
www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)
Old August 15th 03, 03:48 AM
Tom S.

"Morgans" wrote in message
Believe me, there are some people that need to have their heads examined.

I recently had some time to kill while visiting my dad in the largest
hospital in Charlotte, NC. They have a large medi-vac outfit there,
operating off the roof of the hospital, and when I happened upon some
crewmen on an elevator, I asked if they would let me (and family) see

their
setup, and they did.

They were great, took us on to look at their birds, and talked to us for a
good half hour. They said they have a required profile they have to fly
because of noise complaints. Un-believeable.

I bet those who are complaining would not complain, when they needed a
chopper to fly them out of a bad situation.

They're probably the ones with their boom-box cranked up to 105Db.

Old August 15th 03, 04:00 AM
Larry Fransson

In article ,
"hillbilly_hippo" wrote:

I simply cannot believe that there is a person that posts there that is
advocating banning medi-vac helicopters simply because the NOISE disturbs
him!

Believe it. It's true.

Children's Hospital in Seattle has a helipad, but it doesn't get used
much. Only truly "emergent" flights can use it. The rest have to fly
to a helipad at the north end of the University of Washington athletic
fields and go the rest of the way (a couple of miles) by ambulance.
There is a committee of local homeowners around the hospital that review
the records from flights that use the hospital's helipad in order to
determine if it was truly emergent and justified.

--
Larry Fransson
Aviation software for Mac OS X!
Old August 15th 03, 04:50 AM
Big John

1949 Williams AFB, AZ

I lived about 100 yards from tie down area where F-80's were run up
after maintenance. This normally started after mid night.

Kept me awake for about a week. Nevr heard them for next 4 years.

Some people just like to bitch.

Big John

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:42:53 -0700, "hillbilly_hippo"
wrote:

Ohhhhhhhh man. What a bunch of nutbags. I simply cannot believe that a group
of people can whine and bitch soooooo much! Geeze. I certainly hope none of
them live near my airport, I'll be dodging birdshot from a crazy hillbilly
while I'm turning final! Holy crap.
I simply cannot believe that there is a person that posts there that is
advocating banning medi-vac helicopters simply because the NOISE disturbs
him! I swear.

John Y.
PP-ASEL

Old August 15th 03, 04:56 AM
Big John

If I were a lawyer, I'd do my home work and any deaths of people
landing at remote site would be cause for a suit against the
committee. After they forked over a few million dollars they might be
of a different mind.

Big John

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:00:42 GMT, Larry Fransson

Old August 15th 03, 06:42 AM
Jay Honeck

If you want to read a rather unbalanced approach, particularly to
noise... go over to alt.activism.noise.polution

Thankfully it appears that my ISP filters THAT particular group out...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 03, 02:22 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Morgans wrote:

I bet those who are complaining would not complain, when they needed a
chopper to fly them out of a bad situation.

You'd lose. A few years back, the city of Mannville in New Jersey was completely
cut off by major flooding. Prior to the floods, there had been serious attempts
made to shut the airport down. During the floods, the only way in or out was
through the airport. The National Guard staged out of there, and the owner and
other people kept it open all night during the emergency.

The result? A few months later, the Manville city council passed a resolution
that the airport should be closed. The owners finally convinced the State to
step in and buy the development rights, which effectively keeps anyone from
using it for anything but an airport.

George Patterson
They say that nothing's certain except death and taxes. The thing is,
death doesn't get worse every time Congress goes into session.
Will Rogers
Old August 15th 03, 02:31 PM
Snowbird

Larry Fransson wrote in message ...
In article ,
"hillbilly_hippo" wrote:
I simply cannot believe that there is a person that posts there that is
advocating banning medi-vac helicopters simply because the NOISE disturbs
him!

Believe it. It's true.

Children's Hospital in Seattle has a helipad, but it doesn't get used
much. Only truly "emergent" flights can use it. The rest have to fly
to a helipad at the north end of the University of Washington athletic
fields and go the rest of the way (a couple of miles) by ambulance.
There is a committee of local homeowners around the hospital that review
the records from flights that use the hospital's helipad in order to
determine if it was truly emergent and justified.

Is there a committe of health care professionals that review the
records from "non emergent" flights to determine if any patients
condition deteriorated during the extra transfer to ambulance and
the 2 mile trip to the hospital?

If there isn't, there ought ta be.

What happens if these busy-bodies decide a flight was not justified?

Sydney (not cheering)

PS our airport gets a lot of noise complaints. they maintain a
map, along with time and date of complaint if it can be determined.
it's very interesting. basically what it boiled down to was, a
large number of complaints from a very small number of locations,
and when the basis for the complaint could be determined it was
often a commercial jetliner flying overhead at 3,000-5,000 ft,
not even a plane landing at our airport!
Old August 15th 03, 02:59 PM
Peter R.

Jay Honeck ) wrote:

If you want to read a rather unbalanced approach, particularly to
noise... go over to alt.activism.noise.polution

Thankfully it appears that my ISP filters THAT particular group out...

Filters the group? Doubtful. Rather, your ISP probably does not add an
obscure group unless asked.

If you send them an email asking for the group to be added, they probably
would.

--
Peter