Took a ride on the B-17

Old June 14th 07, 04:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Jake

Default Took a ride on the B-17

It was a gift and thought that it may not be worth the trouble.

I was wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who
can afford it. I had thought that it the formal museum sort of thing,
don't touch that, don't go there. Not all, it was exactly the way that you
would expect the EAA to do it.

JakeInHartsel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Waist gunner.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	535.6 KB
ID:	13139
Old June 14th 07, 06:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
SWIGGY

ya look like a kid in a candy store... with an unlimited charge accountG

looks like ya really enjoyed it.

--
SWIGGY

Check out my vids at

http://video.yahoo.com/video/group?gid=134584

.. .

Old June 14th 07, 08:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Clairbear

Jake wrote in
:

It was a gift and thought that it may not be worth the trouble.

I was wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone
who can afford it. I had thought that it the formal museum sort of
thing, don't touch that, don't go there. Not all, it was exactly the
way that you would expect the EAA to do it.

Gift Was it your birthday? If so I hope it was a good one
You should post the pics on you website or at least here if you have more
Old June 14th 07, 09:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JD Cooper

Jake wrote:
It was a gift and thought that it may not be worth the trouble.

I was wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who
can afford it. I had thought that it the formal museum sort of thing,
don't touch that, don't go there. Not all, it was exactly the way that you
would expect the EAA to do it.

JakeInHartsel

ooooooooooooooooooooooh! I got to do that back in about 1982 or 3 at a
CAF show. I wanted the bombradiers seat but too many $$$$.

I know you enjoyed it!

JD
Old June 15th 07, 01:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jake

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:22:56 -0500, JD Cooper wrote:

ooooooooooooooooooooooh! I got to do that back in about 1982 or 3 at a
CAF show. I wanted the bombradiers seat but too many $$$$.

I know you enjoyed it!

JD

EAA did it a little different. My brother had arranged for me to be on the
flight deck so while we were milling around, all of a sudden the guy that
organizing it pointed at me and said you go up to the flight deck, and so i
got on before the others and sat in one of the seats behind the pilot and
copilot and the the others got on and the organizer came up in sat in the
seat next to me. As soon as we were off the ground, just off the ground he
said go up front so I was up in the nose while we were still ove the
runway. Then pretty much everyone went every where so that everyone got a
chance to be in every place that was available. Only the ball turret and
the tail gunner position was not available.

I agree it was fun. I was rather surprised in how little room there was in
it. Those gys that rode them when it counted have my respect and then some.

Jake
Old June 15th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Jake

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:07:25 GMT, Clairbear wrote:

Gift Was it your birthday? If so I hope it was a good one
You should post the pics on you website or at least here if you have more

It was from my brother, he gives a lot of money to the EAA and get some
freebes, so he gave one to me. I don't feel too bad since i got him into
the EAA and was the first to donate to it. If you go to the museum you
will see a brick with my name on it. But he gives a lot more, I had kids
and he had money. It was great that he gave it to me as we are often at
logger heads as he is of similar political persuasion to you. Although
come to think of it he didnąt send me a birthday card this year.

I will post the pictures somewhere and let you know, but will probably be a
couple of weeks. Will let you know.

JakeInHartsel
Old June 15th 07, 06:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Bob Harrington

Old June 17th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
rats

Can someone tell a civilian (lurking in the corner) what a EAA is.
Thanks in advance
Larry

.. .

Old June 17th 07, 11:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Jon Woellhaf

See www.eaa.org

k.net...

Old June 18th 07, 12:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:53:38 -0600, "Jon Woellhaf"
wrote:

See www.eaa.org

"rats" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can someone tell a civilian (lurking in the corner) what a EAA is.
Thanks in advance
Larry

http://www.eaa.org/

Hitching a ride Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 3 February 16th 07 11:02 PM
Jet Fighter Ride Ronald Gardner Piloting 14 June 22nd 05 04:50 PM
Check ride aluckyguess Piloting 14 December 24th 04 02:47 AM
Glider Ride BTIZ Piloting 5 July 18th 03 09:28 AM
Pirep: B-17 ride Greg Burkhart Piloting 7 July 14th 03 10:11 PM