GoPro camera editing and stiching of files.

Old July 27th 13, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Default GoPro camera editing and stiching of files.

I recently picked up a gopro3 camera before I
left on a soaring vacation to Minden.

I did not have time to make a mount but I have quite
a few clips of hand holding the camera for 30-60 seconds
at a time and I would like to stich these together so it
will play as one video instead of 20 or more individual videos.

What software should I use? The gopro software or is there
something better/easier?

Next question formats, the gopro saves video in 3 formats, .THM, .LRV, and .MP4.

The .MP4 is the only one that plays on my computer, should I just
delete the other 2 formats of videos or is there a specific
purpose for the .THM and .LRV formats?

Thanks for any advice,

Joe Simmers EZ
Old July 27th 13, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:56:25 AM UTC-6, joesimmers wrote:
I recently picked up a gopro3 camera before I

left on a soaring vacation to Minden.

I did not have time to make a mount but I have quite

a few clips of hand holding the camera for 30-60 seconds

at a time and I would like to stich these together so it

will play as one video instead of 20 or more individual videos.

What software should I use? The gopro software or is there

something better/easier?

Next question formats, the gopro saves video in 3 formats, .THM, .LRV, and .MP4.

The .MP4 is the only one that plays on my computer, should I just

delete the other 2 formats of videos or is there a specific

purpose for the .THM and .LRV formats?

Thanks for any advice,

Joe Simmers EZ

There are several very good inexpensive editing programs available that work well,CyberLink VideoDirector is inexpensive, easy and will do anything you would probably want. Of the four that I have tried and used successfully, I prefer Magix Movie Edit Pro. Most companies allow for free trial downloads while you are deciding what will work best for you. Also, programs are promoted for their large number of fades, transitions and special effects that are sort of useless for good video editing, there is much overkill that is not used. Simple is better-I think.

MP4
Old July 27th 13, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you have a Windows computer, you can use Windows Live Movie Maker. It's standard with Windows, as far as I know. Not very advanced, but enough for simple editing.

THM and LRV filess probably are files with details about the recordings, the only real video file is MP4 format.
Old July 28th 13, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_3_]

It appears I may have to change the format in gopro cineform software (to a larger uncompressed file)

Then after that I can use windows movie maker etc.

Is this what others are doing? Or are you just using the raw gopro file
and opening directly with movie maker etc.?

Joe

Old July 28th 13, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

And, don't speed up/slow down the footage or use crappy music. I some times
want to throw my laptop across the room at some of the "Swamp People"
wanna-be editing.

Old July 28th 13, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

Dan,

You have a problem with using Gwar tunes for soaring soundtracks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlZQYZZtAHk

Going out move my trailer.

Old July 29th 13, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Just buy a Mac. Revel in i-Movie.
I tried all the other stuff.
i-Movie was made for the average person trying to be creative.
It works intuitively.
Old July 29th 13, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Please check out the following link for a FREE, NON-CRIPPLED video editor/splicer program titled Freemake Video Converter. It is fully functional, feature laden and extremely simple to use, with no obligations of any kind. There is no need to purchase any software.

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

It will allow you create any video format you desire.
Old July 29th 13, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terence Wilson[_2_]

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:56:25 AM UTC-7, joesimmers wrote:
I recently picked up a gopro3 camera before I

left on a soaring vacation to Minden.

I did not have time to make a mount but I have quite

a few clips of hand holding the camera for 30-60 seconds

at a time and I would like to stich these together so it

will play as one video instead of 20 or more individual videos.

What software should I use? The gopro software or is there

something better/easier?

Next question formats, the gopro saves video in 3 formats, .THM, .LRV, and .MP4.

The .MP4 is the only one that plays on my computer, should I just

delete the other 2 formats of videos or is there a specific

purpose for the .THM and .LRV formats?

Thanks for any advice,

Joe Simmers EZ

GoPro just released its own editing software. It's FREE.

http://gopro.com/software-app/cinefo...FeZxQgodeH4Azw

Inside Cockpit Mounting of GoPro cameras ? Jim[_30_] Soaring 11 January 9th 13 06:08 PM
video editing tools Derek C Soaring 2 December 28th 10 08:54 AM
Camera mounts for small digital camera kestrel254 Soaring 5 August 19th 08 04:03 PM
music editing software etc Michael Baldwin, Bruce Products 0 May 25th 07 01:35 PM
Editing Markers in fs2002 Thomas Napoletano Simulators 1 June 7th 04 07:26 PM