Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

Old May 12th 05, 11:22 PM
Blueskies

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message ...
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:vVKge.75939$c24.26673@attbi_s72...
How many more times do you think it can be allowed to happen before the FAA/TSA/CIA/Whomever says "Enough is
enough" -- and terminates our flight privileges anywhere near D.C.?

I suspect they look at such events as useful fire drills. The incursions let them test their procedures under
real-life, unplanned circumstances that are nonetheless benign.

--Gary

That is what they are saying, patting themselves on the back as the 'evacuations' took place in a timely manner. Hmmm,
put folks out on the streets while a light plane that could be carrying a spray agent is flying overhead. Hmmm, don't
worry about falling debris from the shot down aircraft...

Old May 12th 05, 11:27 PM
Blueskies

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message oups.com...
I don't want anyone to take this wrong, it's just a thought that
floated through my head.

Threats don't do any good unless one believes they will be carried out.
Shooting down one Cessna would wake up a lot of pilots. Would also give
the public a "sense of secutiry," however false it may be. Otherwise we
go on with complacent pilots and panic in the streets every time a
small plane flies over.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

They probably should have shot down the Governor of Kentucky when his plane raised the ruckus...

Old May 12th 05, 11:28 PM
Blueskies

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:woPge.76333$WI3.20472@attbi_s71...
this was not Bin Laden who brought all those restrictions ... it was ...
well, your own govt. .. but: *ssssshhhhhh!!*

Actually, it was half a dozen assh*les who decided to kill thousands of innocents by using airplanes as missiles.

Neither Bin Laden nor his agents altered the rules about flying or security. This we did ourselves, with glee. It's
an auto-immune disease our country has.

A myopic view of America, and of security in general, not unlike the way physicians viewed disease before the advent
of microbiology.

"It must be the patient's fault..."
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Yes, Jay, we are all guilty until proven innocent....

Old May 12th 05, 11:30 PM
Dave Stadt

"Franklin Newton" wrote in message
et...

I think you've got it exactly right, the younger folks don't realize how
much the country has changed in the last 40 years and I'm sad to say not

for
the better. 40 years ago, you, as an american, could walk safely anywhere

in
the world because, as an american, you were respected. That is not the

case
today.

What country are you from? What you describe is certainly NOT the U.S.of A.
40 years ago.

Old May 12th 05, 11:38 PM
Dave Stadt

"Jose" wrote in message
m...
this was not Bin Laden who brought all those restrictions ... it was ...
well, your own govt. .. but: *ssssshhhhhh!!*

Actually, it was half a dozen assh*les who decided to kill thousands of
innocents by using airplanes as missiles.

Neither Bin Laden nor his agents altered the rules about flying or
security. This we did ourselves, with glee. It's an auto-immune
disease our country has.

One thing you can always count on during a national crisis, the U.S.
governments first response will ALWAYS be to punish its innocent citizens.

Jose

Old May 13th 05, 12:30 AM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
Neither Bin Laden nor his agents altered the rules about flying or
security. This we did ourselves, with glee. It's an auto-immune disease
our country has.

A myopic view of America, and of security in general, not unlike the way
physicians viewed disease before the advent of microbiology.

Jose's completely correct. The price of living in a free society is
accepting a certain amount of danger. We should not be so willing to
allow the government to curtail our freedoms. We should have made
corrections to our security that sealed obvious holes, and then went on
with our lives. Instead, innocent segments of our society are being
"terrorized" by our government because they are "perceived" as being a
threat.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old May 13th 05, 12:57 AM
Icebound

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
"W P Dixon" wrote in message
Interesting! I wonder how that works? Hard to have a visual if you can
not see? Not trying to be a smart ass or anything just trying to get the
whole picture.

For purposes of visual versus instrument flight rules, the required
visibility conditions are specified for purposes of separation, not
navigation or aviation. That is, as long as you can see well enough to
keep from colliding with other aircraft, there's no requirement to be able
to tell where you are without use of instruments, or even to be able to
keep the plane upright without use of instruments.

For those of you who fly VFR to Canada, I do not believe that interpretation
would stand up. Canadian rules specifically mention:

602.114 [and 602.115]

No person shall operate an aircraft in VFR flight within controlled [and
uncontrolled] airspace unless

(a) the aircraft is operated with visual reference to the surface;

Old May 13th 05, 01:04 AM
Blueskies

"W P Dixon" wrote in message ...
[...]

USA can fly VFR as long as the visibility and cloud clearance rules are followed. We can fly over the top of the clouds
with no surface visible...

Old May 13th 05, 01:12 AM
John Lakesford

Are you really that good? You could never make that kind of mistake?

I wanna be like you.

On Thu, 12 May 2005 15:42:04 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

How do we get the media, and subsequently the American people to
understand that these small airplanes are flown by our American friends
and neighbors? I give up. The only way I could see the media EVER
showing that picture is if they had to do a story on the American
family shot out of the sky. The picture they like is the pilot on the
ground surrounded by agents.

But I'd better shut up. I'm going to be very misunderstood again.

No you won't, Gene. Those who "misunderstand" your thoughts do so
purposefully.

You have hit the nail right on the head, sad to say. The ONLY way this crap
is going to stop is when a family like mine gets blown out of the sky by a
Blackhawk's mini-gun, live on CNN.

Only when little bits of Piper are raining down on D.C. -- and the
subsequent exposes and docu-dramas are made for the USA network -- will the
following happen:

a) The stupid TFRs will be relaxed, and
b) Stupid pilots will FINALLY get the message.

Until then, we can only hold our breath and wait for the other shoe to drop.

Old May 13th 05, 01:29 AM
Icebound

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
This administration's justification to invade Iran. Or Cananda.

Who wants Canada?

North Dakota apparently needs it as a place to dump their dirty water out of
Devil's Lake.