EA on JFS?

Old January 6th 07, 03:14 PM posted to comp.os.os2.bugs,comp.os.os2.advocacy,demon.local,rec.aviation.products,rec.music.classical

Default EA on JFS?

Completely anal retentive kookdancing queen, Dickless Davie
the "irrelevaant" Ignoranus whined and tholed like
the antagonistic arsehole that he is:
Marty writes:

Scott G. wrote:

I think this is just a bug. There is an array in jfs.ifs that gets referenced
to see what is or isn't valid. I don't see this getting fixed, though! You
might be able to patch jfs.ifs (I forget whether the symbol is exported or
not). For reference, here's the imporant part of the table as it is now.

This might not be a major concern, but a plus in a filename could wreak
havoc if the name is ever passed into the multimedia subsystem
(specifically MMIO).

I know that the plus sign is not a valid filename character.

Ever heard of escaping special characters, Dickless?

One reason
is that the COPY command uses it to indicate that the files named on
either side of it are to be concatenated. I don't want to risk trying
it, but might it be possible to force the creation of a filename with a
plus sign in it by using quotation marks around the filename?

Why am I not surprised.

And what
is it about MMIO that makes a plus sign in a filename particularly
dangerous?

It prevents idiots like you from doing something completely stupid.

Old January 9th 07, 02:11 AM posted to comp.os.os2.bugs,comp.os.os2.advocacy,demon.local,rec.aviation.products,rec.music.classical
clarinet.fan[_1_]

ups.com...
Marty writes:

Scott G. wrote:

I think this is just a bug. There is an array in jfs.ifs that gets

referenced
to see what is or isn't valid. I don't see this getting fixed,

though! You
might be able to patch jfs.ifs (I forget whether the symbol is

exported or
not). For reference, here's the imporant part of the table as it is

now.

This might not be a major concern, but a plus in a filename could

wreak
havoc if the name is ever passed into the multimedia subsystem
(specifically MMIO).

I know that the plus sign is not a valid filename character.

Ever heard of escaping special characters, Dickless?

He'll never escape.