Uninstalling SeeYou (desktop)

Old November 24th 10, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Uninstalling SeeYou (desktop)

My next stupid question... how do I remove all elements of SeeYou from
my notebook? I've gone into the control panel and removed the program.
Even went into my disk and removed it there, then rebooted. I've
looked up the help log on the subject and it wasn't particularly
helpful (can't find SeeYou icon with an 'uninstall' option next to
it... is this my problem?). When I run a reinstall it though, it says
it's still there and only lets me add help files etc. I want to wipe
clean, freshly install and re-register but it wont let me. Sure it's
something simple... :/

-Paul
Old November 24th 10, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Nov 23, 4:45*pm, sisu1a wrote:
My next stupid question... how do I remove all elements of SeeYou from
my notebook? I've gone into the control panel and removed the program.
Even went into my disk and removed it there, then rebooted. I've
looked up the help log on the subject and it wasn't particularly
helpful (can't find SeeYou icon with an 'uninstall' option next to
it... is this my problem?). When I run a reinstall it though, it says
it's still there and only lets me add help files etc. I want to wipe
clean, freshly install and re-register but it wont let me. Sure it's
something simple... *:/

-Paul

Paul

The checkbox in the Installer wizard to install all files is greyed
out but is checked which means you have no choice - it will install
those files if you proceed - which is what you should want. Did you
actually run the install and see what happens?

---

BTW the wcusetup.exe is the full (aka evalaution) install the
pcusetup.exe is the update. Be careful which one you download and
install. There are some (easily fixed) traps if you accidentally
install the upgrade with no underlying install.

BTW^2 you really don't need or want a separate uninstaller.exe file
visible to the user, software that does is polluting stuff into the
filesystem. IMNSHO it is better to put all put all these under the Add
or Remove Programs control panel (which should do exactly the seam
even if there was a .exe uninstall file).

Failing that a sawzall or shape charge will work wonders.

Darryl
Old November 24th 10, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

those files if you proceed - which is what you should want. Did you
actually run the install and see what happens?

I've run it and wind up with the same install, which I'm pretty sure
has some hiccups in the Mobile Wizard. Specifically, I'm trying to
upload satellite maps with no luck. My airspace and waypoint files
load no problem, but none of the sat maps are going through the Mobile
Wizard. I can find the .cmr files in SeeYou under ToolsRaster Maps,
so they are making it into SeeYou when I run the cmr.exe.

I've also run pcsetup, which at least gives me access to re-register
SeeYou once I run it, but the new key I have wont unlock it, so I used
my old key but have the same issues.

I'm suspect of my SeeYou installation so was hoping to wipe clean and
start fresh. I've tried Add/Remove programs, deleting/uninstalling it
from C:\discProgram Files and then manually removing it from the
registry, rebooted and searched every nook and cranny without finding
a trace of it before proceeding. I run wcsetup and bam! all
application data is still there... ugggh, I fought with it all day.
It won, seeing as I'm too tired to wield the sawsall at the moment,
but the PNA now seems happy at least. :|

-Paul
Old November 24th 10, 07:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Nov 23, 10:33*pm, sisu1a wrote:
[...]

I will try to break this to you gently..... :-)

SEEYOU MOBILE DOES NOT SUPPORT SATELLITE RASTER MAPS!!

This could have been much easier if you had started by describing the
original problem you were trying to solve!

BTW the .cit and .cmr etc. data file installed in SeeYou usually live
in folders under Program Files\Naviter\SeeYou and the ones "installed"
into SeeYou are listed in the registry. I'm not sure exactly what you
were doing when things were getting confused. But hopefully everything
is working or will after a clean install.

Darryl

Old November 24th 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

I will try to break this to you gently..... :-)

* SEEYOU MOBILE DOES NOT SUPPORT SATELLITE RASTER MAPS!!

Now you tell me! (JK, I should have mentioned my specific problem
first...). Boy, it sure has been a while since I loaded any maps into
either SYM or SeeYou though... Got my VECTOR maps loaded no problems
once I thought I knew what I was doing again, bluetooth happy, and did
some meaningful flying in my simpit in front of the beamer last
night...

....thanks for taking the time.

-Paul
Old November 24th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 11/24/2010 10:14 AM, sisu1a wrote:

I will try to break this to you gently..... :-)

SEEYOU MOBILE DOES NOT SUPPORT SATELLITE RASTER MAPS!!

Now you tell me! (JK, I should have mentioned my specific problem
first...). Boy, it sure has been a while since I loaded any maps into
either SYM or SeeYou though... Got my VECTOR maps loaded no problems
once I thought I knew what I was doing again, bluetooth happy, and did
some meaningful flying in my simpit in front of the beamer last
night...

Sometimes, I wish Mobile did support raster maps, so I could load a
sectional, or Blipmaps, but I'm not sure it would actually help my flying.

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what
you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz
Old November 24th 10, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

Sometimes, I wish Mobile did support raster maps, so I could load a
sectional, or Blipmaps, but I'm not sure it would actually help my flying.

I started down that path with XCSoar. I thought "wouldn't it be neat
to have sectionals?". Then I actually spent some time thinking about
it. I don't think it would really help me at all. Now, a real-time
feed of vectors and ranges to the nearest strong thermal....... Yeah,
I could use that.
Old November 24th 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Nov 24, 10:38*am, Eric Greenwell wrote:
[...]

RASP BLIPMAP of convergence on blue days and wave forecast charts
would be useful, maybe other forecasts. But it needs the ability to
load forecast charts maps for different times of day etc. while in
flight. Some way of (internal or external of SYM) of stitching charts
together and doing projection transformations.

Ah in the future we'll have a RASP plug-in for our soaring software
that will crunch RASP calculations in real time including using the
local soundings calculated from our air-data computer :-)

Sectionals almost need vector data, with ability to turn on and off
stuff, otherwise I think there is too much clutter to be useful on a
small screen.

Darryl
Old January 17th 11, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pp2076

Incorrect I'm afraid
See you does support raster maps, satellite or otherwise.
The only issue is the calibration of the map

On Nov 24 2010, 6:04*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
[...]

Darryl- Hide quoted text -

Old January 17th 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 1/17/2011 2:48 PM, pp2076 wrote:

[...]

You are correct, but they don't work in SeeYou Mobile, which is
Paul's problem. It would be great if you could use them in Mobile. I'd
like to try sectionals and Blipmaps in flight.

email me)

SeeYou and OLC Greg Arnold[_3_] Soaring 3 April 27th 10 12:42 AM
SeeYou Desktop Software - Runs on Vista 64-bit? V1 Soaring 4 December 18th 08 02:06 PM
SeeYou and OLC Doug Haluza Soaring 0 April 20th 07 11:14 PM
Where is SeeYou help? [email protected] Soaring 1 November 22nd 06 11:19 PM
Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM