"Glider Pilots Make Safe Landings..."

Old July 20th 12, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default "Glider Pilots Make Safe Landings..."

This is so unusual it deserves mention. Newsies wrote up a couple of
safe off field landings... and got it right!

Funny picture too.

http://tinyurl.com/cbhwvk6

-Evan Ludeman / T8
Old July 20th 12, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Friday, July 20, 2012 10:10:12 AM UTC-5, Evan Ludeman wrote:
This is so unusual it deserves mention. Newsies wrote up a couple of
safe off field landings... and got it right!

Funny picture too.

http://tinyurl.com/cbhwvk6

-Evan Ludeman / T8

A bit more detailed article, including step by step 1-26 de-rig photos...

http://www.italyneotribune.com/stori...ly-and-milford

Jacob did a nice job in 430, I nearly landed in the field east of Italy with 215(the other glider mentioned) although while I was climbing over him at .8 knots I didn't notice any police cars. There were 3 with Jacob when I went overhead.
Old July 20th 12, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, July 20, 2012 3:32:09 PM UTC, Tony wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 10:10:12 AM UTC-5, Evan Ludeman wrote:
> This is so unusual it deserves mention. Newsies wrote up a couple of
> safe off field landings... and got it right!
>
> Funny picture too.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/cbhwvk6
>
> -Evan Ludeman / T8

A bit more detailed article, including step by step 1-26 de-rig photos...

http://www.italyneotribune.com/stori...ly-and-milford

Jacob did a nice job in 430, I nearly landed in the field east of Italy with 215(the other glider mentioned) although while I was climbing over him at .8 knots I didn't notice any police cars. There were 3 with Jacob when I went overhead.

Yeah, an' not only do they got more accurate an enterainin' reporters down there, but in that same 'lectronic paper, I done noticed you can get a whole house, with 3 bedrooms and new paint inside and out for only $65,000 down there. Also if'n you is gettin' close to cashin' in yer chips, you can get 2 cemetery plots for only $600 a piece. Not bad compared to Cali., it gots me thinkin'.

Signed,

The Gapa Geezer
Old July 20th 12, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

On Jul 20, 11:10*am, Evan Ludeman wrote:
This is so unusual it deserves mention. *Newsies wrote up a couple of
safe off field landings... and got it right!

Funny picture too.

http://tinyurl.com/cbhwvk6

-Evan Ludeman / T8

Look at that Sky! It's amazing that we can land out on a day like
that.
(Been there and done that!)
Old July 20th 12, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

Look at that Sky! *It's amazing that we can land out on a day like
that.
(Been there and done that!)

I swear that EVERY time I land out, the sky always looks great - from
the ground that is. I have pictures to prove it. Happened just last
Sunday. Looks can be deceiving.
Old July 20th 12, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy Clark, \B6\

On Friday, July 20, 2012 10:57:05 AM UTC-7, JohnDeRosa wrote:

> Look at that Sky! *It's amazing that we can land out on a day like
> that.
> (Been there and done that!)

I swear that EVERY time I land out, the sky always looks great - from
the ground that is. I have pictures to prove it. Happened just last
Sunday. Looks can be deceiving.

More often than not, I'm also treated to the "mocking thermal" which
dusts me and my ship down about 15 minutes after the land-out.
Old July 20th 12, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Jul 20, 12:55*pm, "Roy Clark, \"B6\"" wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 10:57:05 AM UTC-7, JohnDeRosa wrote:

> Look at that Sky! *It's amazing that we can land out on a day like
> that.
> (Been there and done that!)

I swear that EVERY time I land out, the sky always looks great - from
the ground that is. *I have pictures to prove it. *Happened just last
Sunday. *Looks can be deceiving.

More often than not, I'm also treated to the "mocking thermal" which
dusts me and my ship down about 15 minutes after the land-out.

I resemble that remark

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Mike
Old July 21st 12, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Yeah, Mike, and, if I remember correctly, your water dump lever broke and
you had to land with a load of water. Made quite a mud hole on the dirt
strip before we could get the wings off... ;=P