Muslim intruder boards USS Harry S. Truman while in UK

Old April 15th 05, 04:03 PM

Default Muslim intruder boards USS Harry S. Truman while in UK

That's right..He got through the gate at Royal Navy base Portsmouth
England and took a liberty launch out to the Truman . Then wandered
around the HST for two hours..until he was caught. he was then
turned over to British authorites..read on...

Serial intruder exposes shoddy security

{Story is from the British press}

A SHOCKING breach of security at Portsmouth naval base was today
exposed after the sentencing of a serial intruder.
Despite being known to the authorities, Abdoul Masmoud Yessoufou was
able to simply stroll past guards responsible for protecting one of
the biggest potential terrorist targets in Britain.

Yessoufou, 37, of East Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, even managed
to spend two hours wandering around the nuclear-powered American
aircraft carrier USS Harry S Truman, anchored in Stokes Bay.

He has appeared before Uxbridge magistrates three times this year
for entering restricted zones in Heathrow, and also reached the
aircraft side at Southampton Airport in January.

Portsmouth JPs imposed an anti-social behaviour order on him after
he admitted entering a prohibited area. It bans him from entering
restricted areas of Portsmouth naval base, Whale Island, the ferry
port and Southampton Airport for the next two years.

The court was told the only apparent explanation for Yessoufou's
behaviour was 'to satisfy his curiosity'.

A REVIEW of security has been carried out at Portsmouth Naval Base
after a man stole on to the USS Harry S Truman.
The man was found aboard the American nuclear aircraft carrier,
anchored off Stokes Bay, Gosport.

He had evaded security and boarded a liberty boat taking sailors
back to the ship after liberty. He was discovered during routine
checks.

Royal Navy spokesman Anton Hanney said: 'We are taking it very
seriously, as we would any security breach. Our main focus is to put
everything right and to improve our arrangements.'

It is thought the stowaway crept on to the vessel by blending in
with a large group of US sailors returning from liberty. He entered
the naval base through the city's Historic Dockyard.

Old April 15th 05, 08:41 PM
alumshubby

Can you provide a URL to the original article pls.?

Old April 15th 05, 09:46 PM
Ed

"alumshubby" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you provide a URL to the original article pls.?

I found this link off of Google:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4442031.stm

Old April 27th 05, 04:46 PM
a425couple

wrote in message
--He got through the gate at Royal Navy base Portsmouth
England and took a liberty launch out to the Truman .
wandered -- two hours..-- caught.- turned over to British authorites.
SHOCKING breach of security -- sentencing of a serial intruder.
He has appeared before Uxbridge magistrates three times this year

JPs imposed an anti-social behaviour order on him after
he admitted entering a prohibited area. It bans him from entering
restricted areas ---- for the next two years.

Well, I'm not a hothead on these issues, quite familiar with
how systems work and function, hard to predict future
behavior etc., one more chance etc., can't do capital
punishment for trespass etc...

But it always strikes me as strange, when you have a multiple
time offender and the 'judge' then orders him to not do, what
he knew he should not do in the first place.

Reminds me of the 'nut case' (technical term) who had been
detained for being a 'nut' doing illegal things before several
times, who then went and ran out onto and up in the middle
of the track at the British GP (Formula 1 auto race) a couple
years ago. Disaster was averted. He again examined, and
released with another warning. Then he went out to another
big international sports event and tackled a competitor
(forget if it was marathon runner or bicycle racer?).

What to do??? Wait until he really kills someone??
Then, "Ohhmygosh, maybe we should have done something!"
"Ya think??! Do you suppose all his past deeds are a better
indicator of his future behavior, than the judges/psychs
mindreading is?"

Old April 29th 05, 01:02 AM
Jim C

"Then he went out to another
big international sports event and tackled a competitor"

That would be Athens, during the summer Olympics.