If user fees go into effect I'm done

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 10th 07, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
scott moore

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

Ps. While I am offending everyone, if user fees begin, a good
start would be to close down the FSS system COMPLETELY, and fire all
of the employees.

The system is useless, redundant with more modern methods, and would
remove an entire line item from the FAA budget, leaving them less
to bitch about. Not to mention letting the FAA know we are serious
about reducing the size of the FAA.

The FSS system should never have been privatized. It should have been
shut down completely.

Scott Moore

scott moore wrote:
The government appears to want to place US aviation in line with
that of other countries, such as in the EU. In the short run they may
not be able to do much, but in the long run they certainly can,
especially with a declining pilot population, which this will
accelerate.

I'll make a suggestion that I'm sure nobody here will like. If we are
able to tie any user fees that come about to actual services, the next
step is to STOP the creation of any new control towers on small
airports, then follow that up with getting RID of as many control
towers, and FAA personnel, as possible. With modern technology such
as ADS-B, there is less need for them, and getting rid of FAA personnel
is the natural answer to the whole user fee question.

The FAA themselves have floated the idea that even IFR might someday
be uncontrolled. Uncontrolled = no controller. Its both a "solution"
to the FAA's (imaginary) "controller private aircraft workload", and
a THREAT, to the FAA. Ie., if you want to move to a model of charging
us to use a controller, we will want to move to a model without
controllers.

Scott Moore

If user fees go into effect I'm done [email protected] Piloting 286 February 20th 07 02:02 AM
Trouble ahead over small plane fees AJ Piloting 90 April 15th 06 01:19 PM
What will user fees do to small towered airports Steve Foley Piloting 10 March 8th 06 03:13 PM
GA User fees Jose Piloting 48 December 24th 05 02:12 AM
The Irony of Boeing/Jeppesen Being Charged User Fees! Larry Dighera Piloting 9 January 23rd 04 12:23 PM