How long until current 'stealth' techniques are compromised?

Old January 3rd 04, 03:32 AM
Denyav

Yes, you are talking about a theoretical ADW "aerial denial weapon"
that would knock aircraft out of the sky without knocking out powered
systems on the ground.

Actually I was talking about something much different.
Lets consider a multi static system using hundreds or thousands of commercial
emitters and only a dozen or so powerful dedicated military emitters.If you can
detect and track a stealth platform (or any platform) , these military emitters
could be used as frequency and phase controlled combined devices to produce
much higher levels of energy at the target area.
Problem is phase locking but seemingly solved.
Such a device will not be able to engage targets at exotic ranges,wont be able
to recover GW or TW levels energy at target like EM Missilles and they are
strictly line sight type devices, but they will severely degrade the any
adversaries ability to attack.
And most importantly they are very cheap in comparison to "real" HPM weapons.
Old January 3rd 04, 03:35 AM
Denyav

..after you increase their output by a few orders of magnitude.

Not going to happen.

If you can keep the frequencies AND phases under control,then you have no
problem.
Old January 3rd 04, 03:46 AM
Denyav

I suspect the days of the dollar as international reserve currency
are numbered:

I strongly suspect both Europeans and Japsen will fight to keep Dollar as an
international reserve currency,We are their biggest debtor and they are our
biggest lenders,and we are going to pay off our foreign debt in Dollars not in
Euros or Yens.
Wouldn't be nice if you were able to pay off your mortgage in worthless papers?

Old January 3rd 04, 06:13 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Denyav" wrote in message

Really?

Really.

During Balkan conflict no US aircraft,stealth or not,flew without
Jammer support.

Nope. Sending jammers along with stealth aircraft would be
counterproductive. The jammers would be a signal that an attack is
imminent.

Two f117 were hit ,one lost,the other safely returned,both because of

jammer
failures.

Nope.

The originator of now famous saying "Jammers are like American Express

never
leave home without them" is a f117 "driver".period.

Nope.

Old January 3rd 04, 12:23 PM
Johnny Bravo

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:13:57 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

During Balkan conflict no US aircraft,stealth or not,flew without
Jammer support.

Nope. Sending jammers along with stealth aircraft would be
counterproductive. The jammers would be a signal that an attack is
imminent.

LOL. And what exactly does that do for them? Without jamming they
can track and shoot down stealth aircraft that get close enough to a
radar. When you are getting that close you start jamming otherwise
they are going to see you and blow you out of the sky. See below.

Two f117 were hit ,one lost,the other safely returned,both because of

jammer
failures.

Nope.

March 29, 1999 8:38, the stealth F-117 bomber, flown by Capt Dale
Zelco, was shoot down near the village Budjanovci, 64 km from
Belgrade. They broadcast footage of the wreckage on TV. The USAF
attributed the shootdown to three factors. 1) Yugoslav defenses
adpating to the airstrikes and finding ways to work around their
limitations. 2) US forces got too predictable in their routing and
multiple SAM units were moved into the path of the F-117 and brought
it down with a salvo of missiles. 3) EA-6B jamming aircraft assigned
to protect the F-117 was too distant to provide effective jamming. As
a result the F-117 was more visible to radar than usual. (source: Air
Forces Monthly, No.138 September 1999)

Read #3 as many times as it takes to sink in.

April 30 1999 An F-117A of the 49th FW was damaged during strike
mission by a nearby explosion of an SA-3 SAM, "...causing loss of part
of the tail section, but the aircraft was able to return safely to
Spangdahlem air base, Germany." (source: Air Forces Monthly, July
1999, p. 75)

Your repeated denial of reality is noted.

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
Old January 3rd 04, 12:54 PM
M. J. Powell

In message , robert
arndt writes
"M. J. Powell" wrote in message

Snip

Feuerball weapon (aka Foo Fighter).

Would you mind expanding on your comments on 'Feuerball' and 'Foo
Fighters', Robert?

Mike

Sure, but as soon as I do a whole bunch of anti-German RAM regulars
are going to try to discredit what I say.
Anyway, it is believed by some people that the mysterious burning
balls of fire nicknamed "Foo Fighters" by US pilots that followed
their aircraft were either:

a) unknown aerial phenomenon
b) alien/UFO craft
c) German secret weapon

Big snip

Thank very much, Robert. It expands what little I have read about it.

The bit about veering away from gunfire seems a little suspect. It would
be hard to accomplish today.

But they were never used at night against the RAF? The 'Blue Master
Searchlight' was another rumour.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell
Old January 5th 04, 04:15 AM
Denyav

Nope. Sending jammers along with stealth aircraft would be
counterproductive. The jammers would be a signal that an attack is
imminent.

Still better than losing stealth aircraft,I guess.

Two f117 were hit ,one lost,the other safely returned,both because of

jammer
failures.

Nope.

Unfortunately true.

The originator of now famous saying "Jammers are like American Express
never
leave home without them" is a f117 "driver".period.

Nope.

Unfortunately true too,Moreover,it originated during DS not Balkan
conflict,even in DS F117s had no easy time,Balkan conflict was only worse.