Friggin' TFRs again :(

Old October 24th 03, 02:00 PM
Rosspilot

Default Friggin' TFRs again :(

I had an important photo shoot to do today in lower Manhattan . . . everything
set to go and perfect weather. I call to make my usual coordination with the
LGA Tower and Tracon and NYPD Aviation . . .

Call FSS and find out there are 3 different TFRs in the NYC area today because
the G.D. VICE President is travelling through.
FSS told me they were JUST getting the information this morning. It was on
AOPA's site, but I don't know when it came up.

It's really a pain in the ass and so ridiculous. And it's keeps me from doing
my work. I guess I shouldn't gripe so much, since I can shoot it next week . .
.. unlike all the GA businesses that are already dried up and gone because of
this insanity.

Yup--Old Dickhead Cheney is safe from MY Skyhawk attack anyway. Sheesh.

www.Rosspilot.com

Old October 24th 03, 02:45 PM
John T

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

Yup--Old Dickhead Cheney is safe from MY Skyhawk attack anyway.
Sheesh.

Just out of curiosity: Is he a "dickhead" as a result of the TFR's? Or is
this a pre-existing condition?

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/tknoFlyer

Old October 24th 03, 02:50 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "John T" said:
"Rosspilot" wrote in message

Yup--Old Dickhead Cheney is safe from MY Skyhawk attack anyway.
Sheesh.

Just out of curiosity: Is he a "dickhead" as a result of the TFR's? Or is
this a pre-existing condition?

Having read Schwartzkopf's book about the first Gulf War, I'd say Cheney
was a dickhead before the TFRs.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Medication did wonders for me, Dave. Perhaps it could for you, if a
Old October 24th 03, 03:30 PM
C J Campbell

"John T" wrote in message
ws.com...
| "Rosspilot" wrote in message
|

| Yup--Old Dickhead Cheney is safe from MY Skyhawk attack anyway.
| Sheesh.
|
| Just out of curiosity: Is he a "dickhead" as a result of the TFR's? Or is
| this a pre-existing condition?

Don't go there. Cheney may be a dickhead, but most of his critics are even
worse -- they ought to wear condoms on their heads.

Old October 24th 03, 03:35 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Rosspilot wrote:

Call FSS and find out there are 3 different TFRs in the NYC area today because
the G.D. VICE President is travelling through.
FSS told me they were JUST getting the information this morning. It was on
AOPA's site, but I don't know when it came up.

I noticed it two days ago in the evening, but I don't know how long it had been
up at that time.

George Patterson
You can dress a hog in a tuxedo, but he still wants to roll in the mud.
Old October 24th 03, 04:27 PM
Roger Tracy

I don't think these decisions are being made by anyone in the TSA, FAA,
or anyone with any knowledge of aviation. It's all coming from the White
House.

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, ospam (Rosspilot) said:
Call FSS and find out there are 3 different TFRs in the NYC area today
because the G.D. VICE President is travelling through. FSS told me they
were JUST getting the information this morning. It was on AOPA's site,
but I don't know when it came up.

Did you see this morning's AOPA ePilot mailing? Loy, administrator(?) of
the TSA, says that in the panic after 9/11 they vastly overestimated the
threat posed by GA, and it's time to rethink all those restrictions.

Oh, here it is on-line:
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsite...03-4-059x.html

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Here in the US, we are so schizoid and deeply opposed to government

Old October 24th 03, 05:56 PM
Ross Richardson

I wrote to President Bush about all of this and especially when the
campaign trail hits. No reply. I tried to play on that he is a pilot and
he would understand.

Need to keep writing (snail mail) letters.

Ross

Old October 24th 03, 07:02 PM
Rosspilot

Well things worked out as they are supposed to . . . weather turned very
blustery, gusty and cloudy and would not have been such a great photo day
anyway.

C'est la vi

www.Rosspilot.com