Nelson A-4 Flow Meters

Old January 16th 18, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Nelson A-4 Flow Meters

Please tell me what kind of regulator should be used with
the Nelson A-4 Flow Meter - constant flow system - ?
And does anyone have one for sale ? Please advise -
thanks in advance -
Ralph Woodward
Old January 16th 18, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 12:56:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Please tell me what kind of regulator should be used with
the Nelson A-4 Flow Meter - constant flow system - ?
And does anyone have one for sale ? Please advise -
thanks in advance -
Ralph Woodward

And please tell me if anyone has the Oxymizer Cannula for sale ?
Old January 16th 18, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ralph- Most any constant flow regulator will work with the Nelson A4 flowmeter (now produced and sold by Mountain High as the MH4). Pressure delivered is not much of a factor, as long as tubing on the inlet side of the flowmeter is clamped tightly enough to hold against whatever pressure the regulator delivers. I have seen some regulators that have an outlet pressure over 100 psi. Mountain High regulators are normally around 15 psi. I have both in stock. Contact me at: info at mmfabrication dot com
Old January 16th 18, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Craggy Aero

Has both regulators and Oxymizer cannulas in stock.

http://www.craggyaero.com/xcr_systems1.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old January 17th 18, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

One comment - Absolutely go with using the oxymizer cannula. According to some of my reading you can save 2x to 4x of your O2. Take a look at the two different flow scales on the MH-4 (http://www.mhoxygen.com/portable-con...h4-flowmeters-) The long right hand scale is for a standard cannula and the much shorter right hand scale is for the oxymizer.
Old January 18th 18, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Sorry, of course I should have said, "The long right hand scale is for a standard cannula and the much shorter left hand scale is for the oxymizer."
Old January 18th 18, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

I have an Aerox constant flow regulator, with needle valve, pressure gauge, Nelson flowmeter, and moustache style cannula. The regulator is set up with a 4' high pressure inlet line so it can be mounted remote from the O2 bottle. Fits standard Schleicher factory bottle. That setup allows the pilot to reach & adjust the needle valve (which controls flow rate) in flight. It was used lightly as a temporary/removable system in ASW-27/29.

Will trade even and deliver for a good steak dinner & bottle of wine at Reno Convention.
Email: Royb - AT - bourgeoiswhite.com
ROY

Trying to locate David Nelson of Nelson Sailplane Services PS Soaring 2 September 17th 09 05:07 PM
water meters Roy Bourgeois Soaring 17 September 5th 07 09:52 PM
Digital meters 3 [email protected] Home Built 10 April 25th 06 06:30 AM
About digital meters [email protected] Home Built 9 April 17th 06 04:18 AM
G-Meters Paul Remde Soaring 17 October 10th 05 03:50 PM