Full Size Duster BJ-1B Sailplane Plans For Sale

Old September 6th 10, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blake Miller

Default Full Size Duster BJ-1B Sailplane Plans For Sale

On Sep 5, 2:49*am, Ferstlesque wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:27*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:

On Aug 29, 1:14*pm, Ferstlesque wrote:

Very interesting, looks like it has been a while since something like
this was offered. Aside from the woodworking, what other skills are
needed? Are there many welds etc required to make parts that I assume
were originally offered as part of the kit? Last, are the cockpit
dimensions such that a 6' tall person could be comfortable?

This could make a great "slow build" project over several years.
Thanks for offering the plans again.

Mark

There is some welding, try and find a DSK kit or do all the cutting
and fitting, then take it to your local TIG/ MIG welder. A 6 footer
fits just fine. I'm 6 foot, well I was before I lost an inch to Martin
Baker and another inch to old age! I built mine in 18 months worth of
evenings.
JJ

Thanks for the info, I just read the June '77 Soaring article
recounting your Diamond in type (The SSA has done a great job with
their archives). Pretty amazing! Are you still active in the sport
locally? I'm just down the road in Lincoln. Blake, I may pull the
trigger on this within a few weeks. Even if I put another project
ahead of this one, the initial investment isn't much more than the
cost of a few tows...

Mark

Mark,

Just let me know when you are ready to order the Duster plans and the
corresponding building assist documents I have gathered. Just go to
http://buildaduster.info/ for more details and for contact
information.

Blake
Old September 20th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CarPainter

Blake

I have always liked the Duster, and about anything made of wood that
flys. What should a person expect to spend to complete a Duster. I'm
sure I could get a rough idea of material costs if I had a list, but I
have no Idea what you would need to pay for "technical oversight" and
pre-maiden check-outs and other things like that.

Thanks much

Bruce
Old June 30th 13, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:25:22 AM UTC-7, Blake Miller wrote:
I am building a Duster Sailplane in my garage here in Eden Prairie, MN
USA. I am attempting to revive interest building and flying the Duster
sailplane. I have been working with Ben Jansson, the original designer
of the Duster and I now have the ability to provide full size, high
quality, scale construction drawings for the Duster. These Duster
plans are the most recent version and will be shipped in a high
quality storage tube. Also included will be bound copies of all 10
years of the Dustrag newsletter that describes many best practices in
building a Duster. I will also include a bound copy of the (DSK)
Duster Sailplane Kit construction guide and a set of pictures of the
original Duster being built by Ben Jansson and Hank Thor. Please see
website http://buildaduster.info/ Cost is $295.00 plus shipping.
Contact and order information is at http://buildaduster.info/

Does anyone have information on what engine was to be used to power the Duster as a motor glider horsepower or thrust?
Old July 1st 13, 10:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Ballantyne[_3_]

At 15:25 26 August 2010, Blake Miller wrote:
[...]

Why does the link take you too a site where it says the domain name is for
sale????

Old July 1st 13, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

[...]

Duster plans are no longer available.
JJ
Old January 24th 18, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Blake. Did you build the glider? I am in Mpls and would Love to visit and look if even for 1/2 hour. Mark