Rejex

Old July 15th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default Rejex

Been using this stuff for a month now on the new airplane. So far, Iike it.

It goes on like any liquid car wax. You let it dry for 20 minutes, then wipe
it off. It wipes off a bit more easily than regular wax haze.

The instructions say to apply it when temp. is below 85 F. and let it cure 12
hours out of the elements, and I've been careful to follow them.

Rejex produces a nice shine, but the best thing about it is that it makes bug
removal easy. Since I am on a personal campaign to kill all the bugs in
Alabama by smashing them with my airplane, I need all the help I can get in
removing the corpses. With a coat of Rejex on the leading edges, struts,
etc., this job is a snap: a few passes with a damp cloth and you're done.

The mfr. claims it will last 4-6 months between applications; we'll see.
Right now, I'm a satisfied customer.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old July 16th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

You can use it on the windscreen, too - makes bugs very easy to
remove, and rain beads off easily.

Old July 17th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

"pgbnh" wrote:

Where does one purchase Rejex?

Lots of places on the web:

http://www.e-tackle.com/rejeX.htm

How much is required for an avarage single?

The 16-oz bottle should be enough if you don't over-apply it.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old July 17th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

....and if you use it on the windshield, hopefully it doesn't cause you to go
IFR by producing tiny beads of moisture when exposed to air close to the dew
point.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

It is not work that kills men; it is worry. Worry is rust upon the blade.
ups.com...

Old July 17th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Mike Noel" wrote:

...and if you use it on the windshield, hopefully it doesn't cause you to go
IFR by producing tiny beads of moisture when exposed to air close to the dew
point.

Why would it do that?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old July 17th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

I've seen it happen on the ground after using a Plexiglas wax. Rolling the
airplane out of the hangar on a chilly, damp morning, dew quickly formed on
the windshield and the tiny beads of moisture made it impossible to see out
until the defroster has worked on the windshield for a few minutes. Others
have reported it happening in flight. Wax on the windshield seems to
aggravate this type of problem.