Skycraft Landing Light?

Old May 27th 04, 09:46 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Skycraft Landing Light?

Anyone got a website for this company? (They make a cut-into-the-wingtip
landing light...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 27th 04, 10:18 PM
Nathan Young

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:46:00 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Anyone got a website for this company? (They make a cut-into-the-wingtip
landing light...)

Nope. But another alternative are K2U's wingtips. I have these on my
180 and think they are great. They also have a version for the
tapered wing Cherokees.

http://knots2u.com/2832WT.htm

-nathan

Old May 27th 04, 10:48 PM
Jay Honeck

Nope. But another alternative are K2U's wingtips. I have these on my
180 and think they are great. They also have a version for the
tapered wing Cherokees.

Thanks, Nathan, but I can't use the Knots-2-U version on my Pathfinder. (My
wing tips are actually 17 gallon fuel tanks...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 28th 04, 06:04 AM
COUGARNFW

Skycraft Design
P.O. Box 67
West Trenton NJ 08628

They are notorious for not responding. They have a phone number if you want to
chase it.

The STC a friend purchased from him/them for an older plane
is....kindly....extremely poor, but it does give one the "license" to install
the leading edge lights for that plane and...inadvertently, make the
corrections which does it the right way.

Neal

Old May 28th 04, 12:18 PM
Nathan Young

On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:48:54 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Nope. But another alternative are K2U's wingtips. I have these on my
180 and think they are great. They also have a version for the
tapered wing Cherokees.

Thanks, Nathan, but I can't use the Knots-2-U version on my Pathfinder. (My
wing tips are actually 17 gallon fuel tanks...)

Ahhh, forgot about that. Do you have the tapered wing or Hersey bar?

Are you doing this for collision avoidance or to see better (landings)
at night?

Old May 28th 04, 12:51 PM
Jay Honeck

Are you doing this for collision avoidance or to see better (landings)
at night?

We have the "stretched" hershey bar wing, similar to the Cherokee Six.

I'd like to see better at night. Being seen is always good, too!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 28th 04, 02:00 PM
Nathan Young

On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:51:07 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Are you doing this for collision avoidance or to see better (landings)
at night?

We have the "stretched" hershey bar wing, similar to the Cherokee Six.

I'd like to see better at night. Being seen is always good, too!

Got it. I was going to suggest a GTX330 + GNS430 if you are worried
about traffic. I wonder if IOW has TIS service (maybe off of CID?).

The extra lights make night landings easy, plus it is nice to have
some redundancy in the lighting system.

If you decide not to go with the 'in-wing' lights, you could always
add a brighter light in the cowling. K2U & LoPresti have mods for
this.

-Nathan

Old May 28th 04, 02:35 PM
Jay Honeck

Got it. I was going to suggest a GTX330 + GNS430 if you are worried
about traffic. I wonder if IOW has TIS service (maybe off of CID?).

Yeah, several guys on the field have this set up. It seems like ridiculous
over-kill in our airspace, but it would be nice when we fly back to the
Milwaukee/Chicago corridor.

If you decide not to go with the 'in-wing' lights, you could always
add a brighter light in the cowling. K2U & LoPresti have mods for
this.

Hmmm. I've read about the "Boom Beam" extensively -- and ruled it out as
absurdly over-priced -- but what's the K2U option?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 28th 04, 07:23 PM
Nathan Young

On Fri, 28 May 2004 13:35:16 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Got it. I was going to suggest a GTX330 + GNS430 if you are worried
about traffic. I wonder if IOW has TIS service (maybe off of CID?).

Yeah, several guys on the field have this set up. It seems like ridiculous
over-kill in our airspace, but it would be nice when we fly back to the
Milwaukee/Chicago corridor.

If you decide not to go with the 'in-wing' lights, you could always
add a brighter light in the cowling. K2U & LoPresti have mods for
this.

Hmmm. I've read about the "Boom Beam" extensively -- and ruled it out as
absurdly over-priced -- but what's the K2U option?

http://knots2u.com/HID%20Light.htm

Scanning their list of approvals, I don't see one for the PA28 series
cowl mounted. You should call K2U and ask for John Bailey. He'll
help you out.

-Nathan