Flight not posting to OLC?

Old July 17th 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Flight not posting to OLC?

I posted 4 flights to OLC last night and one of them, the longest,
will not post at all. Not just no score, but won't send a
confirmation email or show up on the list. I tried changing the name
of the file, but no luck there either. Can anybody help me? It's
only 270 points or so, but I'm trying hard to get back into 1st place
in region 8, USA.

Boggs
Old July 17th 11, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Gary,

What is the file name of the flight log? Sometimes (quite often actually)
people accidentally try to upload a non-secure flight log. Make sure the
filename includes the serial number of your flight recorder.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Old July 17th 11, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Redweik

You mentioned it was 4 flights. I am not sure how long ago the flights
were, but if I recall there is a 24hr or 48hr window as to when you
can post your flight. If you are outside that window, I dont believe
it accepts it any more.

I wouldnt discard the theory of needing your logger ID though. I have
seen that work many times, and others it seems that any file "name"
will be accepted. The logger ID is a part of the data that comes along
with the igc file (At least in the loggers that I have looked at) so I
am not sure if the validation code is looking at the file "name" or
the data.

I hope you get it working!
Old July 17th 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jul 17, 1:03*pm, Eric Redweik wrote:
You mentioned it was 4 flights. I am not sure how long ago the flights
were, but if I recall there is a 24hr or 48hr window as to when you
can post your flight. If you are outside that window, I dont believe
it accepts it any more.

I wouldnt discard the theory of needing your logger ID though. I have
seen that work many times, and others it seems that any file "name"
will be accepted. The logger ID is a part of the data that comes along
with the igc file (At least in the loggers that I have looked at) so I
am not sure if the validation code is looking at the file "name" or
the data.

I hope you get it working!

A log posted late is still accepted, and is still listed, but earns no
score. I had a few this year, partly because I don't like the new
posting rule and have not learned to comply with it, and partly
because I don't really care about OLC points.

Hope the natives are being friendly

Andy
Old July 18th 11, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

It finally posted!

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...htId=998350747

Only 350 points behind VanGrunsven now! It was crappy and rainy on
the west side of the Cascades today but soarable here on the east
side. Not great, but soarable...

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...htId=998074602

Boggs

OLC posting brianDG303[_2_] Soaring 3 May 10th 10 11:26 PM
Olc flight posting from ipad Robert Fidler[_2_] Soaring 5 May 4th 10 07:12 PM
Just keep posting VOR-DME[_2_] Piloting 1 November 7th 09 07:51 PM
is anyone doing any posting adelsonsl Aviation Photos 0 March 2nd 08 06:13 PM
Lost comm procedure for Flight Following (more on Honek's posting) G. Sylvester Owning 2 July 12th 05 03:34 PM